What is the best essential oil for pain relief?
Essential oils with analgesic properties are the best oils for pain relief. There is no one essential oil that can be used to mitigate pain; the choice also depends on personal preference. The essential oils that are used to get relief from pain are:
- Roman chamomile
- German chamomile
Which oil is best for lower back pain?
A good massage with the best essential will tackle lower back pain easily. There is no one best essential oil, but several best essential oils that can be used to treat lower back pain; these oils are: -
- Chamomile, both Roman and German
What is the fastest way to relieve back pain?
Some of the commonly used techniques to lower back pain are given below. The efficacy of these techniques will depend on the degree of pain.
- Use hot and cold compressions with essential oils.
- Do gentle exercises to loosen the muscles.
- Massage with essential oils having anti-inflammatory properties.
- Follow proper posture
- Learn stretches
- Avoid shoes or heels that cause back problems.
- Be mindful of your sleeping position.
- Reduce stress.
- Sleep better.
What essential oil is good for arthritis pain?
The essential oils that have been scientifically proven to reduce arthritic pain are: -
What smell helps with pain?
- The three main essential oils that are used to mitigate pain are lavender, rose and bergamot essential oils.
- Lavender oil has a floral fruity aroma, rose oil has a rosy aroma and bergamot oil has the aroma of a sweet orange peel.
- However, there are other essential oils that can be used to mitigate pain and these oils have different fragrances.
- The pain relieving capability of an oil depends on its active ingredients.
Why is it important to store pain relief oil in a dark bottle?
- Not just pain relief oil, but all essential oils are stored in dark bottles.
- Why are car windows tinted? To keep out sunlight and heat, and keep the car interior cooler.
- It’s the same principle with storing oils in dark bottles. Dark bottles keep the oils cool, and preserve their quality and increase longevity.
Does aromatherapy work for pain?
- Essential oils have analgesic properties that alleviate pain from wounds, cuts, bruises and burns.
- When these oils are locally applied, it relieves the pain quickly.
- When used in aromatherapy, the essential oils do relieve the pain, albeit gradually. (Major wounds should not be self treated with essential oils; always consult a doctor.)
How does aromatherapy help reduce pain?
A few studies on aromatherapy and how aromas can relieve pain have found that the olfactory stimulation of the limbic system brings down blood pressure and heartbeats to normal levels. It also lessens the brain activities and brings down body temperature. These changes are responsible for bringing down pain.
How to use aromatherapy for pain?
Essential oils can be used to treat or mitigate pain. There are two ways in which the oil can be used – topically or via aromatherapy. To treat pain topically, dilute the essential oil with carrier oil and massage it on the pain area. To treat pain via aromatherapy, inhale the aroma of the oil till the pain subsides.