Energizing Essential Oils Blends Recipes – Energizing Elixirs
What do you do when you feel tired?
Take a quick nap. If you feel tired in the afternoons, then a quick cuppa tea will do the trick.
Or are you a coffee person?
Feeling tired in the middle of the day is a common problem that many people face time and again. A multitude of underlying causes may be responsible for the “whenever” tiredness. But, did you know that there is a natural and pleasant way of dealing with tiredness?
It’s called essential oils. But you already know that right, because you read the title for this page. (Or did we just send you a cold emailer?
Well, let us know in the comments.)
Essential oils are wonder plant oils that are used in aromatherapy for various reasons. There are several essential oils that have different effects on the body and mind. Some essential oils are diffused for a good night’s sleep, some are diffused to up the romantic game and some are diffused to get relief from pain.
But here we will talk about the essential oils and their recipes that energizes the body and mind. Energizing essential oil diffuser blend use essential oils to spread the aroma of the aromatic oils.
Energizing Elixir Essential Oil Blends
Here we have accumulated a list of essential oils that have an energizing effect on the mind and body when inhaled or when applied topically. These oils blends can also be added to bath water to experience a refreshing bath.
Energizing Essential Oils Blends
Not all essential oils can be blended to get that energizing effect. If you are in doubt, consult an aromatherapist. Mixing the wrong essential oils will not deliver the desired results; and worse, it may have a negative effect on the body.
Here we will share the best recipes of essential oils blend as suggested by the aromatherapist at Gyalabs.
Recipe # 1 - Simple Energizer Elixir
- 3 drops of mandarin essential oil
- 1 drop of thyme essential oil
- Aroma diffuser
- Close the windows and doors
- Add the ingredients in the diffuser.
- Switch on the diffuser.
- Allow up to 10 minutes for the aroma to spread in the room.
- Inhale the aroma deeply and feel the energy surging in the body.
Do not be surprised that we have used thyme oil for our first recipe. Thyme is not just an oil for cooking or adding to soups. Thyme has a fresh aroma and it can invigorate a person.
Recipe #2 - Morning Mood Setter
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop of frankincense essential oil
- 2 drop of orange essential oil
- Add the oils to an aroma diffuser
- During dry climates add the oils to a hot water in a bowl, which will act as a humidifier.
- Let the aroma of the oils spread to the room.
Mornings can be grumpy for everyone; except for moms who get all the work done. But, for the others, there has to be something jaunty that will drive us out of bed. What else other than the energizing aromas of essential oils to push the energy levels at the start of the day.
One should be careful while formulating a blend in the morning, because excess aroma can cause a negative effect. It induces calm and helps one love life.
Recipe #3 - Office Energizer Elixir
- 6 drops of orange essential oil
- 3 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- 3 drops of nutmeg essential oil
- 2 drops of cypress essential oil
- Adjust the quantities of essential oils as per the size of the office.
- Add the oils to an aroma diffuser.
- The blend is ideal for afternoon sessions.
The aroma of cinnamon and clove has an energizing effect in the afternoon when everyone in the office is feeling fatigued after lunch. The aromas are reminiscent of the evening snacks and evening atmosphere. The orange provides the citrus punch needs for a boost.
Recipe #4 - Perfect Powerhouse Punch
- 4 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 4 drops Sweet Orange Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 2 drops Grapefruit Essential Oil
- Prepare a clean, empty glass bottle or container.
- Add the specified number of drops of each essential oil into the bottle.
- Close the bottle tightly and shake gently to mix the oils.
- Allow the blend to sit for a few hours or overnight to let the scents meld together.
- To use, you can either inhale directly from the bottle, add a few drops to a diffuser, or create a DIY inhaler with a cotton wick soaked in the blend.
- Store it in a cool, dark place.
This blend has several ingredients that have its own unique benefits. Peppermint Oil is known for its refreshing aroma. Sweet Orange Oil has an uplifting and citrusy scent, which promotes a positive mood.
The bright and zesty aroma of lemon oil can provide a natural energy boost. Rosemary oil has stimulating properties. The invigorating scent of eucalyptus oil can promote a sense of freshness. And, grapefruit oil has an energizing and uplifting aroma that can boost motivation.
Recipe #5 - Winter Solitude Blend
- 5 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops of cedarwood essential oil
- 4 drops of tea tree essential oil
- An ideal blend for winter evenings at home.
- Add all the ingredients to a small bottle and shake it well.
- Now add 5 drops from this blend to a diffuser.
- Inhale the aroma to feel invigorated and fight the cold.
Peppermint and eucalyptus are the ideal essential oils that takes care breathing troubles during the cold season. It offers relief from stuffy and runny nose issues. Tea tree oil is a potent oil with many health benefits that are good for the body.
Recipe #6 - Beat The Summer Heat
- 4 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 4 drops Grapefruit essential oil
- 3 drops Lemon essential oil
- 3 drops Sweet Orange essential oil
- Prepare a clean, empty amber glass bottle with a dropper or a roller ball attachment.
- Add the specified number of drops of each essential oil to the bottle.
- Gently roll or shake the bottle to mix the oils together thoroughly.
- Allow the blend to synergize for at least 24 hours before using to let the scents meld together.
- To use the blend, you can add a few drops to a diffuser or create a roller ball blend by adding the essential oil blend to a carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil or jojoba oil) in a separate roller bottle. Apply the roller ball blend to pulse points like the wrists or temples for an energizing aroma.
There are many ways of energizing a tired body and mind, but diffusing essential oils and their blends is a simple and fun way to deal with tiredness, regardless of the underlying causes. There are blends that can be formulated for different situations and climates. Consulting an aromatherapist is a good way of crafting energizing elixirs
What essential oils to mix for energizing elixirs?
For preparing energizing citrus essential oils are preferred. Oils including grapefruit, lime, lemon, bergamot, sweet orange, Mandarin, neroli, tangerine, and citronella are used. These oils can be blended with mint and floral oils including lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus and jasmine.
How do you use essential oils for energizing elixirs?
Energizing essential oils can be added directly to the diffuser, and the aroma can be inhaled. The oil blends can be diluted with carrier oils or lotions and applied on the skin. A thorough body massage can be done with the diluted blend. The oils can also be added to bath water for a relaxing and invigorating bath.
- Neroli Essential Oil For Hair Growth: Benefits & Uses Of Neroli Oil For Hair
- Lavender Essential Oil For Scar Healing | Wound Healing Potential Of Lavender Oil
- Star Anise Essential Oil Guide: Uses, Benefits And DIY Recipes
- Best Essential Oils For Hay Fever | Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergies
- Tea Tree Oil Vs Argan Oil: Find Which One Is Better For Hair
- Best Essential Oils For Grey Hair | Treat Premature Greying Of Hair Naturally Using Essential Oils
- Best Essential Oils For Gardening | How To Use Essential Oils In The Garden For Pest Control
- Essential Oils Guide For Beginners: Everything You Need To Know & How To Use Essential Oils
- Essential Oils For Whiteheads | Best Essential Oils For Acne