What are essential oils good for?
Essential oils are plant extracts that smell great and lowers anxiety and stress levels. It also treats infections, both internal and external to the body, caused due to fungus and bacteria. The oils offer several other health benefits.
- It lowers stress and anxiety – Several studies have proven that the aroma of certain essential oils regularly lowered the anxiety and stress levels. And by lowering stress and anxiety, essential oils could prevent minor depressive disorders. Even those suffering from chronic depression can use essential oils as a supplementary treatment.
- Promotes sleep – the aromas of some essential oils have a sedative nature that induces sleep. These oils are diffused close to bedtime to get good uninterrupted sleep.
- Energizes the body – While some essential oils induce sleep, others deliver energy. Some essential oils are diffused in order to deal with fatigue. In fact, some spas and casinos diffuse the oils that energize the body so that customers spend more time and money in their business.
- Fungal and Microbial infections – Most of the essential oils have proven antifungal, antiviral, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties. Fungal infections like candida and even oral thrush can be prevented and cured with essential oils.
- Prevention of diseases – Antioxidant properties of many essential oils are able to keep the body healthy, thus improving the immune system and hence prevent several diseases. The antioxidants also fight against oxidative stress and free radicals and protect the body against serious chronic illnesses.
- Digestion booster – First things first, just because essential oils improve the digestive process, it does not mean that the oil should be ingested. Gya Labs strictly advises against the ingestion of these oils; if you still need to ingest the oil, consult a doctor. Okay, now essential oils have stomachic and carminative properties that can treat digestion problems such as indigestion, flatulence etc.
- Skin and hair care – Essential oils have several therapeutic properties, and when these oils are diluted they can be applied on the skin and scalp as a part of skin and hair care. It can control acne problems and curb hair loss, among other benefits for the hair and face.
What is the strongest essential oil?
- It’s like asking who the most powerful superhero is. There is no one correct answer. Plus, the answer you read here may upset proponents of particular oils.
- Well, one can say that lavender essential oil is the strongest essential oil because it comes in handy in every situation.
Others would argue that Frankincense essential oil is the strongest because it has the moniker ‘the king of oils’.
- Then there are some people who say that patchouli and vetiver should be the strongest as they have a really long shelf life, up to a decade.
- Then what about peppermint essential oil? Doctors say that this oil can prematurely induce labour. Not to be left behind are tea tree essential oil that has potent or strong therapeutic properties and ylang ylang that has a strong smell.
- And what about the person who uses the essential oil – his or her personal preference? To answer your question “What is the strongest essential oil”, well, try out the oils at Gya Labs and find out for yourself.
What is the cleanest smelling essential oil?
The cleanest smelling essential is based on one's affiliation for aroma and how strong the olfactory nerves are. It is hard to choose which essential oil has the cleanest aroma because, again, it comes down to personal preference. But, here we pick some gentle smelling essential oils as the cleanest smelling essential oils:
- Vanilla essential oil (Floral)
- Grapefruit essential oil (Citrus)
- Sandalwood essential oil (Woody)
- Cinnamon essential oil (Spicy)
What two essential oils smell good together?
- How many essential oils are available in the online store of Gya Labs? It has more than 100 varieties of single aroma oils.
- Now, there are different classifications of essential oils; one based on their notes and the other based on their aromatic families. The aroma families include herbaceous, spicy, citrus, minty, floral, musky and earthy.
- There are some scents that blend well with almost every other scent and there are some other scents that only blend with certain scents.
- If we look at it mathematically, there will be close to 2500 combinations of essential oils blends.
- This figure is less because we have only taken a blend of two oils. Now, choosing the two essential oils that smell good together is like finding the needle from the haystack.
- In fact, finding the needle is simpler than taking our pick, because we at least know what the needle looks like. So taking liberty with this question, the writer will pick the two essential oils that smell good together are cinnamon essential oil and vanilla essential oil.
What essential oils make your house smell fresh?
There are several essential oils that make the house smell fresh. We have made a list of several oils and some combos or blends that give the house a fresh aroma.
- Floral essential oils for fresh smelling houses – Lavender, jasmine, Blue tansy, chamomile, geranium, rose, yarrow.
- Citrus essential oils for fresh smelling house – Sweet orange, lemon, tangerine, bergamot, grapefruit, neroli.
- Minty essential oils for fresh smelling house – Peppermint
- Spicy essential oils for fresh smelling house – Cinnamon, cardamom, oregano, thyme, basil.
- Herbaceous essential oils for fresh smelling house – Eucalyptus, lemongrass, rosemary
- Woody essential oils for fresh smelling houses – Tea tree, sandalwood, rosewood, vetiver.
What essential oil helps with weight loss?
Essential oils form a good supplementary and complementary solution for weight loss regimen. Merely using essential oils is not going to trigger fat loss. Although some oils curb hunger and some oils with sudorific and diuretic properties cause perspiration and urination which removes fats and toxins, other activities including exercise and lifestyle changes must be made for essential oils to take effect.
And, some essential oils may work for a few people whereas some other oils may work for others. Feel free to try different oils for weight loss. Some of the poplar essential oils for weight loss are:
- Lemon essential oil
- Grapefruit essential oil
- Fennel essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Cinnamon leaf essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Cajeput essential oil
What do you dilute essential oils with?
Essential oils are concentrated plant extracted oils that are in concentrated form. It is generally applied on the skin after dilution. So, what are the sources used to dilute essential oils. One of the popular diluting agents is carrier oils. Carrier oils are also plant extracts, but are less volatile than essential oils. Essential oils when mixed with carrier oils form a good bond. The carrier oils used for diluting essential oils are:
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
- Almond oil
- Olive oil
- Castor oil
- Safflower oil
- Moringa oil
- Sunflower oil
Do essential oils actually work?
Several researches and peer reviewed studies conducted at reputed institutes have concluded that regular use of essential oil can positively affect health. Researchers have stated that more studies based on human participants must be done to uncover more benefits of essential oils.
Do essential oils purify the air?
Essential oils have antifungal and antimicrobial properties and it also has the ability to drive away insects and bugs. So, yes essential oils can purify the air.
Do essential oils expire?
The shelf life of essential oils varies. Some essential oils have a shelf life of 6 months whereas others have a shelf life of more than 10 years. Some essential oils get oxidized quickly and need to be stored properly to increase its shelf life.
Can you mix too many essential oils together?
There is no limit to mixing essential oil. But, too many cooks spoil the meal. Aromatherapy is a science and aromatherapist is a profession. There is a method of mixing essential oil such that the aroma of the oils mixed together stimulates the olfactory senses. Aromatherapists usually mix a maximum of 4 to 5 oils.
Can I mix essential oils with water?
Yes, many people dilute essential oils with water. However, it is better to add Epsom salts to the mix to hold the two fluids together.
Can I put essential oil in my washing machine?
It is common practice to add a few drops of essential oils during the rinse cycle of the washing machine. This gives the clothes a nice aroma.
How do I choose essential oils?
There are three criteria that you should check while buying essential oils:
- The first step is the aroma. Which aroma do you prefer? With over 100 essential oil varieties, it becomes a daunting task to choose essential oils. Floral, mint and citrus essential oils are easy to choose, but those who like the aroma of woody, resinous and camphoraceous essential oils need to choose floral, mint and citrus essential oils as well so that they can blend the oil. For instance, ginger essential oil has several therapeutic properties, but many people are averse to its pungent aroma. Hence, it is blended with citrus and floral essential oils.
- The next parameter to consider is the need for essential oil. Why do you need an essential oil or oils? Is it for reducing stress, is it for skin and hair care or is it for any other use. Every essential oil has its benefits and uses. Do a thorough research before buying these oils.
- The third, fourth and fifth parameters before choosing essential oils are fulfilled by Gya Labs. The third, fourth and fifth parameters are authenticity of the product, cost and availability. Gya Labs fulfils all these parameters.
How can you tell if an essential oil is pure?
Some of the ways to check the purity of essential oils are as follows:
- Make sure you buy essential oils that are available in dark bottles.
- Perform the spot or ring test. Essential oils are volatile oils that quickly evaporate without leaving any spot or circle. If the oil leaves behind a spot then it is not pure essential oil.
- Check the covering to see if the botanical or Latin name of the oil is printed on it.
- Rub the oil between your fingers. If it feels greasy or like regular oil then the oil has been mixed with carrier oil.
- Check the list of ingredients in the essential oils. Pure oils do not contain any synthetics. Always buy from a reputed seller or manufacturer because they are required by law to disclose the ingredient list.