7 Best Health Recipes With Bay Laurel Essential Oil – DIY Tips
The crux of this article is of course the health recipes with bay laurel essential oil, but we need to first understand why blending oils is a good idea. Blending essential oils can indeed amplify their effectiveness compared to using standalone oils. The harmony of different active ingredients achieved through blending oils creates a powerful potion that combines the unique properties of individual oils to produce a more vibrant and potent therapeutic effect.
When standalone oils are blended by aromatherapists, they complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. Random blends are also useful, but strategy always helps. For instance, one oil may possess antibacterial properties, while another could have anti-inflammatory benefits. Combining these oils creates a unique solution that addresses multiple concerns simultaneously, and enhances the overall efficacy of the blend.
Moreover, blending essential oils such as lavender oil or bay laurel essential oil can create a more balanced and harmonious aroma. Or, in simpler words, blends create different aromatic flavors. Each oil contributes its distinctive scent profile, resulting in a complex and layered (notes) fragrance that can have a more profound impact on mood, emotions, and overall well-being.
The interaction between different essential oils in a blend can also increase their absorption and effectiveness when applied topically. Certain oils act as carriers or enhancers, facilitating the penetration of other oils into the skin and maximizing their therapeutic benefits. For instance, bay laurel essential oil has ingredients that make it beneficial for health, but in the health recipes with bay laurel essential oil, other ingredients enhance its intrinsic value.
Ultimately, the blending of essential oils unlocks a plethora of therapeutic and cosmetic possibilities that might not be as popular when using standalone oils. This holistic approach harnesses the strengths of each oil to create a harmonized, potent solution that can address a wider range of concerns and provide a more comprehensive wellness experience.
About Bay Laurel Essential Oil
Bay laurel essential oil is derived from the aromatic leaves of the bay laurel tree, botanically referred to as Laurus nobilis. The tree was native to the Mediterranean. It has a rich history steeped in both culinary and medicinal traditions. (However, we do not recommend the ingestion of essential oils.) Renowned for its distinct herbaceous fragrance and therapeutic properties, this oil has been revered for centuries across various cultures.
In aromatherapy, bay laurel essential oil is cherished for its relaxing and uplifting scent. Its warm, spicy aroma blends well with most essential oils or diffuser blends. Healthy blends with bay laurel oil are often used to stimulate the mind, aid in enhancing mental clarity. The oil's ability to uplift the spirit makes it a popular choice during moments of stress or fatigue, offering a natural boost to both mental and emotional well-being.
Beyond its aromatic appeal, bay laurel oil boasts a range of health-based properties. It possesses antibacterial and antifungal qualities, making it a valuable ally in natural skincare and hair care routines. When diluted properly, it can help address various skin issues, including acne or dandruff. It supports overall skin health.
The ingredients of bay laurel essential oil are known for its potential to alleviate respiratory issues. Its expectorant properties can aid in clearing congestion resulting in easing breathing difficulties. Inhalation of diluted bay laurel oil through steam inhalation or diffusion may provide relief from symptoms of colds, coughs, and nasal/sinus congestion.
This oil also holds a place in traditional medicine, especially for its potential digestive benefits. Although there is not enough evidence, but bay laurel oil is believed to support digestion by stimulating the secretion of gastic juices, easing discomfort, and promoting a healthy digestive system. When used in massage blends or diluted and applied topically to the abdominal area, it may take care of minor digestive concerns.
Bay Laurel Essential Oil Blends Well With
The essential oil of bay laurel blends well with different categories of oils. Some of the oils that make an excellent blend with bay laurel essential oil are as follows:
- Lavender Essential Oil
- Rosemary Essential Oil
- Lemon Essential Oil
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- Cypress Essential Oil
- Bergamot Essential Oil
- Clary Sage Essential Oil
- Juniper Berry Essential Oil
- Patchouli Essential Oil
- Pine Essential Oil
These are some of the essential oils that blend well with bay laurel. However, this is not an exhaustive list.
Different Ways Of Using Healthy Recipes With Bay Laurel Essential Oil
Generally, we explain the ways of using healthy recipes with bay laurel essential oil or other oil only after we talk about the recipes. But, it’s better to know about these ways beforehand so that the recipes can be tweaked accordingly.
Add a few drops of bay laurel oil blend to a diffuser to create a calming and refreshing atmosphere at home. It can help alleviate anxiety, promote mental peace, and uplift mood. Aroma diffusers are the best and easy way to perform aromatherapy.
2. Massage Blends:
Mix bay laurel oil with a carrier oil like coconut or jojoba oil (and other essential oils) for a soothing massage blend. Its warming properties can help relax sore muscles and alleviate tension. The blend can be used for weekly massages
3. Hair Care:
Incorporate a drop or two of bay laurel oil blend recipe into your regular shampoo or conditioner. Its health-based properties can contribute to a healthier scalp and potentially address issues like dandruff. The oils blends will also give the hair a pleasant (and enviously unique) aroma.
4. Bath Soak:
Add a few drops of bay laurel oil blend to your bathwater along with Epsom salts for a rejuvenating and aromatic bath experience. It can help relax the body and ease minor aches. Those with the luxury of a bathtub can enjoy the fragrant water even more.
5. Inhalation Techniques:
Inhale the aroma of bay laurel oil directly from the bottle or by adding a drop to a handkerchief to clear sinuses, alleviate headaches, or provide a refreshing burst of energy. Add one or two drops on the oils mix to the pillow cover or blanket to get good night’s sleep.
6. Natural Cleaning Solutions:
Organic Bay leaf oil is also used in cleaning. Mix bay laurel oil with water and vinegar to create a natural, aromatic cleaning spray. It can help disinfect surfaces while leaving a pleasant scent.
7. Skin Care:
Dilute bay laurel oil in other essential oils and carrier oils and apply it topically to support skin health. The enhanced health-based properties can be beneficial for minor skin irritations or blemishes. Regular use will give the skin its shine.
8. Meditation and Yoga:
Incorporate bay laurel oil blends into your meditation or yoga practice by diffusing it or applying a diluted blend to pulse points. Its calming scent can enhance relaxation and focus during these activities.
Health Recipes With Bay Laurel Essential Oil
Now, we have reached the crème de la crème of the article – the recipes. You are free to replace the oils as per their categories.
Recipe #1 - Revitalizing Bay Laurel Body Glow
- 1 cup of Epsom salt
- 1/4 cup of carrier oil (such as sweet almond oil, virgin olive oil or coconut oil)
- 5-6 drops of bay laurel essential oil
- 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil (optional for an extra refreshing feel)
- Combine the Ingredients: In a mixing bowl, blend the Epsom salt and carrier oil thoroughly until the mixture achieves a consistent texture.
- Add Essential Oils: Add the bay laurel essential oil along with the optional peppermint essential oil to the salt-oil mixture. Mix well to ensure even distribution.
- Adjust Consistency: If needed, adjust the consistency by adding more carrier oil to reach your preferred texture. The mixture should be moist but not overly oily.
- Store Properly: Transfer the scrub to an airtight container or jar. Ensure it is kept in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight.
How to Use:
- Shower Time: Before your shower, apply a small amount of the body scrub onto damp skin and gently massage it in circular motions. Focus on rough areas like elbows, knees, and feet.
- Rinse Off: Rinse thoroughly with warm water to remove the scrub, leaving your skin feeling refreshed and invigorated.
Recipe #2 - Tranquil Bay Laurel Sugar Bliss
- 1 cup of granulated sugar (white or brown)
- 1/4 cup of carrier oil (such as jojoba oil or grapeseed oil)
- 5-6 drops of bay laurel essential oil
- 2-3 drops of lavender essential oil (optional for added relaxation)
- Mix Sugar and Oil: In a mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar with the carrier oil of your choice. Blend until the sugar and oil create a consistent mixture.
- Add Essential Oils: Incorporate the bay laurel essential oil along with the optional lavender essential oil into the sugar-oil mixture. Stir well to ensure even distribution.
- Check Consistency: Adjust the texture by adding more sugar or carrier oil as needed to achieve the desired consistency. The scrub should be moist enough to hold together but not overly oily.
- Transfer and Store: Place the scrub into a clean, airtight container or jar. Keep it stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Gentle Exfoliation: Apply a small amount of the scrub onto damp skin during a shower or bath. Gently massage it onto the skin using circular motions, focusing on areas prone to dryness.
- Rinse Thoroughly: Rinse off the scrub with warm water, allowing the oil to leave your skin feeling moisturized and refreshed.
Recipe #3 - Anxiety Relief Blend
- 5 drops of bay laurel essential oil
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of carrier oil
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small roller bottle.
- Apply the blend to your wrists, temples, and neck as needed.
- You can also add a few drops of the blend to your diffuser to create a calming atmosphere in your home.
Recipe #4 - "Clarity Infusion" - Bay Laurel Aromatherapy Blend
- 4 drops Bay Laurel Essential Oil
- 3 drops Lemon Essential Oil
- 2 drops Rosemary Essential Oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus Essential Oil
- 1 drop Peppermint Essential Oil (optional for added freshness)
- Prepare a Diffuser: Fill your diffuser with the recommended amount of water for your device.
- Add Essential Oils: Into the water, add the specified drops of each essential oil: bay laurel, lemon, rosemary, eucalyptus, and optionally peppermint.
- Mix and Activate: Gently swirl the water to ensure the oils are mixed. Activate the diffuser according to its instructions to start dispersing the aroma into the air.
How to Use:
- Time to Unwind: Turn on your diffuser in your desired space, allowing the invigorating aroma of the "Clarity Infusion" to fill the room.
- Enjoy the Ambiance: Breathe deeply and relax in the rejuvenating and clarifying atmosphere created by this blend. It's perfect for enhancing focus, promoting mental clarity, and creating an uplifting ambiance.
Recipe #5 - Relaxation Haven Blend
- 4 drops Bay Laurel Essential Oil
- 3 drops Helichrysum Essential Oil
- 2 drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 2 drops Cedarwood Essential Oil
- 1 drop Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (optional for added floral notes)
- Prepare the Diffuser: Fill your diffuser with the appropriate amount of water as per the device instructions.
- Blend the Oils: Add the specified drops of each essential oil (bay laurel, helichrysum, bergamot, cedarwood, and optionally ylang-ylang) into the water-filled diffuser.
- Activate the Diffuser: Switch on the diffuser according to its guidelines, allowing the oils to disperse and create a calming and tranquil atmosphere.
How to Use:
- Set the Mood: Start the diffuser in your desired space, allowing the "Relaxation Haven" blend to diffuse into the air.
- Embrace Relaxation: Take deep breaths and let the soothing aroma envelop you, promoting a sense of calmness and relaxation. This blend is perfect for unwinding after a long day or creating a serene environment for meditation or relaxation practices.
Recipe #6 - Soothing Bay Laurel Massage Blend
- 10 ml (2 tsp) Carrier Oil (such as sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, or coconut oil)
- 3 drops Bay Laurel Essential Oil
- 2 drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 2 drops Chamomile Essential Oil (optional for added calming effects)
- Prepare the Blend: In a small glass bottle or container, mix the carrier oil with the specified drops of bay laurel, lavender, and optionally chamomile essential oils.
- Blend Thoroughly: Close the bottle tightly and shake it gently to ensure the oils are thoroughly mixed.
How to Use:
- Massage Application: Apply a small amount of the soothing blend to your palms, then massage it onto the desired area using gentle circular motions.
- Relax and Absorb: Let the oils absorb into the skin. This blend is great for calming sore muscles, promoting relaxation, and soothing tension.
Recipe #7 - Clear Skin Bay Laurel Spot Treatment
- 5 ml (1 tsp) Jojoba Oil or Aloe Vera Gel
- 2 drops Bay Laurel Essential Oil
- 1 drop Tea Tree Essential Oil (optional for added antibacterial properties)
- Create the Treatment: Mix the jojoba oil or aloe vera gel with the specified drops of bay laurel and optional tea tree essential oils in a small, clean container.
- Thorough Mixing: Stir or shake the mixture gently to ensure the oils are well combined.
- Spot Application: Use a cotton swab or clean fingertip to apply a small amount of the blend directly onto blemishes or areas of concern on the skin.
- Leave and Absorb: Allow the blend to absorb into the skin. This spot treatment is ideal for addressing minor skin irritations or blemishes.
Precautions While Using Bay Laurel Essential Oil Blend
Bay laurel essential oil, like any other essential oils, should be used with care and attention due to its concentrated nature and potential interactions. Here are some precautions to consider:
- Always dilute bay laurel essential oil properly before topical application. Mix it with a suitable carrier oil and follow recommended dilution ratios.
- Perform a patch test before applying the diluted blend to a larger area of skin.
- Individuals with sensitive skin or allergies should exercise caution when using bay laurel oil blends.
- Pregnant women and nursing mothers should seek guidance from their doctors.
- Bay laurel oil is generally not recommended for internal use.
- Store Bay laurel essential oil in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Check for potential interactions with medications or existing health conditions.
- Use Bay laurel oil in moderation.
The wonderful Bay laurel essential oil offers a versatile range of benefits, from promoting relaxation to aiding in skincare, and providing a refreshing aroma. However, proper dilution is needed and skin sensitivities should be considered. When used mindfully, bay laurel oil can be a valuable addition to wellness routines, enhancing both physical and emotional well-being with its multifaceted properties. Health recipes with bay laurel essential oil is used for several purposes including for making of bath bombs and skincare, where it may stimulate hair growth.
What can you use bay laurel essential oil for?
Bay laurel essential oil can be used for relaxing tight muscles, reduce pain and ache, relief muscle sprain, improve digestion, support easy breathing, promote restful sleep, promote mental clarity, etc.
What does laurel leaf oil blend well with?
Laurel leaf oil blends with oils like Roman chamomile, clary sage, eucalyptus, rosemary, peppermint, lemon, bergamot, and wild orange oil.
Is bay laurel oil good for health?
Yes, bay laurel oil is known to promote overall health and wellness. It contains analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties that help in overcoming many health related issues. It also promotes emotional wellbeing.
What are the health benefits of laurel oil?
Some of the most important health benefits of laurel oil include improving respiratory health, improving digestion, relief from pain and aches, etc.
- Neroli Essential Oil For Hair Growth: Benefits & Uses Of Neroli Oil For Hair
- Lavender Essential Oil For Scar Healing | Wound Healing Potential Of Lavender Oil
- Star Anise Essential Oil Guide: Uses, Benefits And DIY Recipes
- Best Essential Oils For Hay Fever | Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergies
- Tea Tree Oil Vs Argan Oil: Find Which One Is Better For Hair
- Best Essential Oils For Grey Hair | Treat Premature Greying Of Hair Naturally Using Essential Oils
- Best Essential Oils For Gardening | How To Use Essential Oils In The Garden For Pest Control
- Essential Oils Guide For Beginners: Everything You Need To Know & How To Use Essential Oils
- Essential Oils For Whiteheads | Best Essential Oils For Acne