11 Best Essential Oils For Puffy Eyes, Benefits, DIY Remedy With Essential Oils, And Uses
Essential oils are plant extracts that are extracted through a distillation process using different parts of plants like stems, roots, flowers, bark, etc. Thus this is one of the most natural ingredients that one can use to treat different skin and health issues.
Puffy eyes are one such thing that many people do not like. The bags under your eyes can ruin your overall look. There are a lot of eye creams and eye roller available in the market that claim to treat the issue of puffy eyes. But these products are very expensive and can pick a hole in your pockets. Also, it uses a lot of chemicals.
But you don't have to worry; an all-natural and affordable solution to treat your puffy eyes is essential oils. You can use essential oils to get rid of those bags underneath the eyes without using chemicals. In this post, some of the best essential oils are mentioned that you can use to treat your puffy eyes.
Let's explore some of the essential oils for bags under eyes. Learn how to remove eye bags permanently using essential oils.
What Causes Puffy Eyes Or Eye Bags Around The Eyes?
There are many different reasons why puffy eyes can appear. Some of the reasons include allergies, crying, lack of sleep, sinusitis, fluid retention in the eye tissues, high consumption of alcohol, periods, leaving your contact lenses in for too long, and imbalances in the salt level.
What Are Some Of The Best Essential Oils For Puffy Eyes? | Under-Eye Bags Remedy With Essential Oils
Essential oils have health-related benefits that can help treat many skin and health conditions. Certain essential oils may help get rid of bags under eyes. It also contains properties that help tighten the skin around your eyes and reduce fluid stored under the eyes, thus eliminating the issue of puffy eyes. Following are some of the best essential oils for under-eye bags:
1. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is one of the best essential oils that one can use to get rid of puffy eyes. Lavender oil has healthy properties that help improve puffy eyes (1).
2. Cypress Essential Oil
Cypress oil is another great oil that you can include in your skincare regimen to get rid of under-eye bags. It also has properties that promote skin tightening below the eyes and reduce the sagging around the eyes.
3. Tea Tree Essential Oil
Tea tree oil is one of skin care's most commonly used essential oils. Tea tree oil fory eye bags is a very powerful essential oil. Tea tree oil is one of the best natural remedies that can help get rid of puffy eyes. You can use this essential oil for eye bags and dark circles. It also helps in reducing dark circles. It also contains natural properties that help in healing the skin around the eyes (2). It is one of the best essential oil for eye bags. You can also use tea tree oil for dark circles.
4. Frankincense Essential Oil To Treat Puffiness And Dark Circles
Frankincense oil is called the King of Oils for many different reasons and uses. Frankincense oil has a very calming aroma. It helps reduce restlessness, and calms you down.
Another major benefit of using this essential oil is that it helps eliminate toxins from the skin, thus reducing eye puffiness. Frankincense oil also contains natural properties that help tighten the skin and reduce swelling.
5. Clove Essential Oil To Reduce Puffiness
Clove oil is an oil that has been used since ancient times. It is being used as an important ingredient in traditional medicine. It is one of the best oils for eye bags. Clove oil is a warming oil, and this essential oil can increase blood circulation around the eyes and thus reduces swelling and fluid retention. Clove oil also promotes relaxation and calms you down. Thus it can help improve sleep quality and eliminate the issue of puffy eyes (3).
Clove oil has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that can help reduce swelling around the eyes. Its use can help overcome the issue of inflamed skin around the eyes and help reduce under-eye bags.
6. Eucalyptus Essential Oil To Get Rid Of Puffy Eyes And Dark Circles
Eucalyptus oil has cooling properties that can be used to treat puffy eyes or irritated eyes. Eucalyptus oil promotes relaxation, thus treating puffy eyes. Eucalyptus oil also contains properties that can help reduce swelling around the eyes (4).
7. Geranium Essential Oil For Dark Circles Under The Eyes
Geranium oil is rich in natural properties that help in skin tightening and reduce the issues of puffy eyes. Thus it can be used to reduce puffy eyes. It is best oil for under-eye bags. Geranium oil can also promote blood circulation around the eyes, and reduce fluid retention.
8. Rosemary Essential Oil
Rosemary oil has many health and skin benefits. It can soothe skin and reduce dryness and puffiness around the eyes. This essential oil promotes calmness and relaxation and thus can be used to improve sleep as well. This is a great essential oil for eye bags.
9. Bergamot Essential Oil For The Eye Area
Bergamot essential oil has a very refreshing scent that can be used to lighten up your mood and relax (5).
10. German Chamomile Essential Oil For Bags Under The Eyes
Chamomile oil is known for its relaxing properties. It is a great oil to promote calmness. Chamomile tea bags can be used around the skin and under the eyes.
11. Rosehip Essential Oil
Rosehip oil is one of the best oils that fight signs of aging. Puffy eyes result from aging; thus, this oil can be used to treat puffy eyes.
These are some of the best oils for puffy eyes that you can try and see the difference for yourself.
DIY Under Eye Serum With Essential Oils Recipe To Treat Puffy Eyes
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- 5 drops of eucalyptus oil
- 3 drops of geranium oil
- 1/2 ounce of pure aloe vera gel
- 10 ml roller bottle
- Take the roller bottle and add all the ingredients to it.
- Shake the bottle thoroughly to mix all the ingredients.
- Store this roller bottle in a cool, dark place away from direct sunlight.
- You can apply this essential oil eye serum at night before going to bed.
- Blend and massage lightly with the help of your fingers around your eyes.
This is one of the best eye remedies with essential oils that you can use to reduce puffiness and bags. You can apply an essential oil roller to improve eye bags and puffiness and under-eye skin.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Essential Oils For Puffy Eyes?
Tightening And Toning The Skin Around The Eyes
Using essential oils for tightening the skin & tone puffy eyes. Thus it will reduce puffiness around the eyes.
Soothing And Calming
Essential oils have healthy properties that can help soothe and calm you down.
How To Use Essential Oils For Puffy Eyes?
To use essential, follow the below steps:
Step 1: Mix a few drops of essential oil with any carrier oil like coconut oil, jojoba oil, apricot oil, castor oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, etc. You can mix around 2 drops of essential oil with 1 tablespoon of carrier oil.
Step 2: Apply this blend on a small skin patch to test whether you are allergic to it.
Step 3: If you do not see any allergic reaction, this means that this blend is safe to use. Then with the help of your fingers or a cotton pad, apply this mixture around the eye area.
Step 4: Gently massage the area around the eyes for a few minutes in a circular motion.
Step 5: If you want, you can leave this blend overnight, or if you want, you can rinse it off with the help of warm water after a few minutes.
Essential oil is a natural remedy that can be used to treat puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Essential oils can be very effective in treating dark spots, bags, and dark circles naturally. You can choose essential oils from the above list, or you can use your favorite essential oils with one that has properties to set the eye area free from any bags or dark spots.
Which essential oil is good for puffy eyes?
Lavender oil, bergamot oil, tea tree oil, chamomile oil, eucalyptus oil, rosehip oil, rosemary oil, cypress oil, frankincense oil, clove oil, and geranium oil are some of the essential oils good for puffy eyes.
How do you get rid of puffy eyes immediately?
You can use essential oils with a carrier oil and apply it around the eye area and massage for a few minutes. Doing this continuously will help you get rid of puffy eyes immediately.
Do essential oils help eye bags?
Yes, essential oils have properties that help in reducing swelling around the eyes. It also has properties that help in tightening the skin around the eyes and reduces puffiness.
Can you put peppermint oil under eyes?
Yes, you can use peppermint oil under your eyes to get rid of puffy eyes and dark circles.
- Manoj Sharma and Kavita Batra Healthcare (Basel). (2021). Influences of Lavender Essential Oil Inhalation on Stress Responses during Short-Duration Sleep Cycles: A Pilot Study. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8303840/
- C. F. Carson. Clin Microbiol Rev. (2006) Melaleuca alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil: a Review of Antimicrobial and Other Medicinal Properties. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1360273/
- Clove essential oil helps reduce baggy eyes. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=iEFUEAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT7&dq=clove+essential+oil+helps+reduce+baggy+eyes&ots=L0LSx96maw&sig=xnR97zstrQAawdZ_i6eFpOH7KeU&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Chen Zhao. Molecules. (2021) Cinnamon and Eucalyptus Oils Suppress the Inflammation Induced by Lipopolysaccharide In Vivo. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8659246/
- Front Pharmacol. (2015) Citrus bergamia essential oil: from basic research to clinical application. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4345801/
- Benefits of Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil, Uses, and DIY Recipes
- Holiday Cheer Essential Oil Blends | Holiday Cheer Diffuser Recipes
- Bedtime Essential Oils Blend for Better Sleep | Best Essential Oils for Sleep
- What Does Sandalwood Smell Like? | Scent Profile of Sandalwood Oil | DIY Recipes and Benefits
- Euphoria Essential Oil Blend | Natural DIY Euphoric Blends
- Wintergreen Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, & DIY Recipes
- Meditation Essential Oil Blend | DIY Recipe Blends for Meditation
- Aromatherapy from the Eastern Lands – Recipes for Japanese Uplifting Blend Essential Oils
- Indian Ayurvedic Blend Oil Recipes