Learn How To Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner | DIY Jewelry Cleaner
Jewelry is an important accessory that many people wear on a daily basis. Over a period of time, the jewelry that you wear can become dirty, dull, and lose its shine. So, to ensure that your jewelry look's best all the time, it is necessary to clean your jewelry regularly.
One of the easiest and most convenient ways to clean your jewelry is by using homemade jewelry cleaner. You can clean your jewelry at home by following a few simple steps.
Use this DIY jewelry cleaner to keep your jewelry clean. In this article, a simple recipe has been discussed for making homemade jewelry cleaner. You can use the following cleaner recipe to clean any sort of jewelry, whether it is sterling silver jewelry, gold chain, or diamonds and pearls.
Continue reading to learn how to make a simple homemade jewelry cleaning solution using your kitchen ingredients.
What Ingredients Are Required To Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner Recipe?
White vinegar is one of our home's most commonly found natural ingredients that have natural cleansing properties (1). Jewellery, when soaked in white vinegar, starts to lose the dirt and helps to restore the shine of the jewelry again.
Vinegar is considered to be acidic in nature, and thus you need to be extra cautious while using it on your jewelry. Many metal pieces of jewelry are considered to be safe with vinegar though this cannot be said for fashion jewelry.
Mild soap is one of the easily found ingredients in our homes. This is an important ingredient that can be used to clean your pieces of jewelry at home. You can use any mild soap, like castile soap, to clean jewelry as it does not harm your jewelry (2).
How To Clean Your Jewelry At Home? | Best Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
Following are some of the simple ways to clean your jewelry without requiring any expensive or chemical ingredients. To make a homemade jewelry cleaner, you need to have the following ingredients and then follow the step-by-step guide provided:
# Recipe 1
- Warm water
- Dish soap
- Baking Soda
- White Vinegar
Step 1- Take a bowl and add a few drops of dish soap and one tablespoon of baking soda and mix it.
Step 2- Add warm water to make a paste-like consistency. This is the base of your jewelry cleaner.
Step 3- Add a tablespoon of white vinegar to this mixture and combine all the ingredients properly.
Step 4- Now dip a soft cloth into the jewelry cleaning solution and gently scrub the jewelry. You can also use a toothbrush. It helps in reaching hard-to-reach places as well.
Step 5- Rinse your jewelry thoroughly using warm water to ensure that no remains of the cleaning solution are there on the jewelry.
Step 6- Dry the jewelry with the help of a soft cloth. Avoid using paper towels or any other rough materials, as they can put scratch the surface of your jewelry.
This is one of the best homemade jewelry cleaners that will keep your jewelry looking as new.
# Recipe 2
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon dish wash
- 1 cup of water
- Aluminum foil
- Bring a boil to the water.
- Take a bowl or a pan and place aluminum foil on its bottom.
- Now in the pan, pour hot water to cover the jewelry, and add salt, soda, and dish wash to the pan and mix.
- Drop your jewelry in the pan with cleaning solution and leave your jewelry to soak for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Take your jewelry out of the pan, and with the help of cool water, rinse off the jewelry piece .
- Use a soft cloth and dry jewelry with it.
This is the basic guide for making homemade jewelry cleaner to clean different types of jewelry. Following are some of the homemade jewelry cleaning recipes that can be used for specific types of jewelry.
Homemade Jewelry Cleaning Recipe For Diamond Jewelry
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil
- Take a small bowl, add and mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Now soak your piece of jewelry in this cleaning solution for 5 minutes.
- With the help of a soft bristle brush, scrub the jewelry gently. Rinse jewelry.
- Pat dry with a soft cloth.
This is an easy homemade jewelry cleaner for diamond jewelry.
DIY Homemade Jewelry Cleaner Recipe For Pearl Jewelry And Porous Stones Jewelry Or Fine Jewelry
- 1/ cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon mild soap
- Take a small bowl and add all the ingredients. Stir and mix thoroughly.
- Now take a lint-free towel, dip it in the mixture, and with the help of it, gently clean the stones.
- With the help of cold water, rinse the jewelry and pat dry.
This is a simple to make recipe can make your old jewelry look like new jewelry.
DIY Jewelry Cleaner Recipe For Solid Gold Jewelry And Tarnished Silver Jewelry
Gold Jewelry Cleaner
- Mix a bit of mild dish soap in warm water and soak the gold jewelry in the homemade cleaning solution.
- Rinse off the jewelry with warm water and dry it with the help of a soft rag. (You can also use a soft bristle brush to clean hard-to-reach areas).
This is one of the most effective DIY jewelry cleaning recipes to clean gold jewelry easily at home.
Cleaning Tarnished Silver Jewelry
- Take a small bowl and place a piece of aluminum foil.
- Now add hot water, vinegar, and baking soda to the bowl. You can add 1/8 cup of water and 1/8 cup of vinegar, and add 1 tsp of baking soda.
- Place jewelry on top of foil, soak the jewelry completely, and leave the silver in the mixture for 5 minutes.
- Remove the silver and pat dry with a clean microfiber cloth.
- Use silver polish in the end.
- Discard the remaining solution, and next time make a new batch of this homemade recipe.
Using the above two methods, you can clean silver jewelry and gold jewelry. You can use this recipe to protect your jewelry from tarnishing.
DIY Homemade Jewelry Cleaner For Costume Jewelry (Fake Jewelry)
Costume jewelry is one that is not made using any precious metals. It is also known as fashion jewelry.
To clean costume jewelry, you can mix mild dish soap with warm water. Then with the help of a soft cloth or brush, clean the costume jewelry. Rinse the jewelry properly to remove any residue of the cleaner, and then pat dry the jewelry.
*Note: Avoid using any harsh chemical detergents as it includes an ingredient like phosphate that can cause harm to your costume jewelry.
How Often Can You Clean Your Jewelry Using Jewelry Cleaner At Home?
This majorly depends on how dirty your jewelry is and how regularly you wear the jewelry. Though cleaning jewelry at home is very easy, and you can use any of the above recipes to clean your jewelry regularly. It hardly takes much time, and you get clean and shiny jewelry by following a few simple steps and by using ingredients easily found in your kitchen.
Other Tips To Follow To Keep Your Jewelry Clean
Always remove your jewelry before washing your hands or taking a shower. Soaps and shampoos can dull the shine of your jewelry.
AAvoid wearing jewelry while swimming, as chlorinated water can damage certain types of jewelry.
Always try to store your jewelry in a safe and dry place like a jewelry box or pouch when not wearing the jewelry.
Homemade jewelry cleaner is one of the simple, effective ways of keeping your jewelry's shine intact. Also, follow the above tips to make your jewelry shine for years. You can give your jewelry to a professional and get your jewelry professionally cleaned, but these professionals are expensive jewelry cleaners and will cost you very high prices. Instead, you can go for such easy DIY jewelry hacks, which will leave your jewelry sparkling by spending minimal money and time. This is one of the most effective ways to clean your jewelry.
What is the best homemade cleaner for jewelry?
The best homemade cleaner for jewelry includes white vinegar, baking soda, few drops of lemon essential oil, mild dish soap, and warm water.
Can you clean jewelry with tea tree oil?
Yes, you can clean jewelry with tea tree oil by adding it in ½ cup of vinegar or witch hazel.
What essential oil is good for cleaning jewelry?
Lemon oil and tea tree essential oils are good for cleaning jewelry.
Do essential oils ruin jewelry?
No, essential oils do not ruin jewelry. Though, there are some metals that can be harmed if brought in contact with essential oils.
- White vinegar is has natural cleansing properties that clean jewelry https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=BoOTDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT3&dq=White+vinegar+is+has+natural+cleansing+properties+that+clean+jewelry&ots=_dQDUIYwdk&sig=jJOwgbwEuFzMHmYRX5EFUYhoP5Y&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Mild soaps can be used to clean jewelry at home https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=Qm7LuyLhoNIC&oi=fnd&pg=PR15&dq=mild+soaps+can+be+used+to+clean+jewelry+at+home&ots=9U_jG1OaQj&sig=EltTkT1kGPLH5IUFw2jaLbsmV2Q&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Relaxing Essential Oil Blends – DIY Recipes For Peace Of Mind
- 8 DIY Recipes For Focus Essential Oil Blends
- 8 DIY Uplifting Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Our Ultimate Guide to Detox Baths with Essential Oils and Epsom Salt Bath
- 10 DIY Anxiety Relief Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- 11 DIY Sleep Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Unlocking Serenity: Calming Essential Oil Blends for Relaxation, and Anxiety Relief in Your Diffuser
- Is Diffusing Essential Oils Safe For Your Lungs?