Almond Oil for Skin Whitening: Benefits of Using Almond Oil
Melanin is a pigment that is produced naturally by our skin and that is how the skin gets its beautiful color. However, many external factors such as heat, pollution, and bacteria all contribute to darkening of skin (1), which might be upsetting for many.
It can be challenging to experience a shift in the amount of melanin that is normally found in your skin. There are, however, several methods for removing a stubborn tan that have developed as a result of prolonged exposure to the sun and other factors like pollution.
Almond oil has skin healthy properties and thus has been used since ages as a part of skincare routine. Almond oil is one of the best natural solutions for skin whitening. If you are looking for a natural skin whitening formula that is free of potentially harmful chemical additives, almond oil is your best bet.
Almond oil is one of the most effective skin whitening treatments for all types of skin (2). If you use sweet almond oil on your face, it will not only provide moisture and nourishment to your skin, but will also reduce tan lines.
If you are interested in whitening, lightening, or brightening your complexion, or want to remove that stubborn sun tan then almond oil is your savior. In this article, we will discuss skin-lightening home remedies using pure almond oil that is going to help you get your skin color back.
Benefits of Almond Oil for Skin Whitening
Many people are unaware of the benefits that are associated with using almond oil. Because of its mild nature and extensive list of minerals and vitamins, almond oil provides solutions for virtually all of the typical issues that affect the skin.
Vitamin E, monounsaturated fatty acids, proteins, potassium, and zinc are found in high concentrations in sweet almond oil. It is gentle and free of allergens, which makes it perfectly fine to use it directly, even on skin that is sensitive.
It possesses a potent combination of beneficial qualities, including emollient, that keeps your skin hydrated. Almond oil benefits the common skin types and sensitive skin types alike. Almond oil can be used in skin care to give your skin a glow.
Using natural extracts from almonds nourishes your skin over time. Application of almond oil also treats dry skin as well as acne prone skin. Use a few teaspoons of almond oil regularly and notice rejuvenated skin after a few weeks.
If you haven't already started using pure almond oil on your skin, you will definitely start using it after reading about its benefits
1. Improves Skin Tone and Texture
Almond oil is rich in vitamins and helps improve the tone and texture of the skin, making it safe to use to treat many kinds of skin conditions. Even people with sensitive skin can use almond oil to help protect the skin and help get rid of many skin problems without the fear of any adverse effects.
Some people even like to use almond oil under their eyes in order to help get rid of their under-eye bags.
You can use almond oil for face glow. Apply almond oil on your face before sleeping and wash in the morning for glowing skin. This oil is often used to treat dry skin due to its moisturizing properties. People with oily skin can also use it with ease.
Almond oil has such a low viscosity that it doesn't take much time to get absorbed by the skin, making it effective for acne. Because of the oil's ability to deeply penetrate the skin, which in turn prevents acne from developing on skin (3).
In addition to this, the high vitamin A content of this oil acts as a medicine to treat dry skin.
2. Helps Get Rid of Tanning
You can get rid of dark tan and sunburns by applying a mixture of almond oil and lemon juice on the tanned region regularly for a few days. Almond oil contains vitamins and fatty acids, which will act like a barrier on skin. Also, almond oil prevents stretch marks and tan lines when used consistently. According to a study, massaging bitter almond oil can help reduce the appearance of stretch marks on the skin as well (4).
3. Calms Irritated Skin
This carrier oil is ideal for irritated and sensitive skin, and it may also aid irritation caused by dry skin by maintaining the skin's moisture balance for an extended period of time.
It is possible that the fatty acid content of the oil will help dissolve excess oil on the skin, and the presence of retinoids in the oil may help reduce the appearance of acne while also improving cell turnover. If you do not know if you are allergic to almonds or if you are sensitive to them, you should not use almond oil because it does carry the risk of an allergic reaction.
Almond oil has properties that are both nourishing and protective, helping to set it apart from the competition. These risks can be evaluated and mitigated with the assistance of your doctor or through the use of a patch test.
DIY Recipes with Almond Oil
DIY Recipe #1
- 2 tablespoon almond oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
Mix almond oil with all the ingredients in a bowl and apply evenly on the face. This should enhance your skin tone and brighten your skin, if used regularly. Make your skin soft with the blend of almond oil and apply on the face. First, splash water on your skin or face to remove dirt (wash your face and then dry your skin) and then apply almond oil.
DIY Recipe #2
- 3 tablespoon almond oil
- 2 pinches of turmeric
Mix the ingredients and apply on the face for smoother, wrinkle free skin.
How To Use Almond Oil For Skin Whitening
Apply Directly on Skin
Almond oil is a carrier oil, it is therefore completely safe to use on the skin and will not cause any harm or irritation unless you're allergic to it. It is advised to do a patch test to check for any allergies.
It is best to apply warm almond oil to your face in a gentle manner by placing three to four drops of the oil in the palm of your hand. Massage this warm almond oil on your face for 10-15 minutes. Make sure this oil is not heated directly.
Apply as a Moisturizer
The immediate increase in moisture that the oil locks into skin is one of the most famous benefits of using this non-greasy oil. It helps restore the outer layer of the skin, prevents dry, flaky skin due to its emollient properties and the high percentages of vitamin E, magnesium, phosphorus, and copper.
Apply almond oil on your face directly before going to bed.
Apply as an Oil Based Cleanser
The natural extracts from almond oil have the ability to facilitate complete absorption of other essential oils into the skin. Add a few drops of your favorite essential oil to a small amount of almond oil and mix. After applying the oil directly to your skin, rinse with warm water to remove it.
Because it is an oil cleanser, you might need to rinse it twice to get rid of any residue that may be left behind. Almond oil is good or even the best skin care oil. Mix other oil with almond oil and make a blend that is good for your skin.
Risks and Precautions
- Almond oil generally doesn't pose a large number of dangers in terms of application to the skin.
- Conduct a patch test on a small part of your skin in order to determine whether or not your skin is allergic to the oil.
- Almond oil is not recommended for use by people who are allergic to nuts.
- It is not recommended for pregnant women to try almond oil. Consult a gynecologist before using almond oil during pregnancy.
- Before including any new oil in your routine, always make sure to take your general physician's suggestion.
Almond oil has been in use since time immemorial to soothe the skin, soften it, and restore skin tone.
Its emollient properties as well as its high vitamin content make it a popular ingredient in various skin care products around the world. Almond oil might be a Holy Grail product for some, but might not work for many.
When it comes to topical applications, you should keep in mind any nut allergies.
Therefore, if you have a sensitivity to almonds or other nuts, it is probably best to avoid using almond oil and instead opt for another moisturizing oil, such as coconut or jojoba oil.
What oil is best for skin whitening?
Almond oil is rich in vitamins, which helps improve skin tone and texture.
Can I use almond oil on my face everyday?
Yes, you can use almond oil on your face everyday. However, watch out for nut allergies and side effects. Discontinue use if skin irritation arises.
How long does it take for almond oil to lighten skin?
It depends on your skin tone and texture. Use almond oil on your skin everyday until you start noticing a difference in your complexion.
Can I leave almond oil on my face overnight?
Yes, it is safe to leave almond oil on your face overnight.
- Clinical and biological impact of the exposome on the skin. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jdv.16614
- SKIN WHITENING-A BRIEF REVIEW. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320930324_SKIN_WHITENING-A_BRIEF_REVIEW?enrichId=rgreq-739569581a44406716098ee1ba629b84-XXX&enrichSource=Y292ZXJQYWdlOzMyMDkzMDMyNDtBUzo1NTg0MDk4MDg1OTY5OTdAMTUxMDE0NjY4MTQxNg%3D%3D&el=1_x_3&_esc=publicationCoverPdf
- Almond (Prunus dulcis) oil. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-12473-1_6
- The effect of bitter almond oil and massaging on striae gravidarum in primiparaous women. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2012.04087.x
- Int J Mol Sci. (2018). Anti-Inflammatory and Skin Barrier Repair Effects of Topical Application of Some Plant Oils. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5796020/
- J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. Moisturizers for Acne. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4025519/
- Emollients and moisturisers for eczema. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6464068/
- The Use of an Over-the-Counter Hand Cream With Sweet Almond Oil for the Treatment of Hand Dermatitis. https://jddonline.com/articles/the-use-of-an-over-the-counter-hand-cream-with-sweet-almond-oil-for-the-treatment-of-hand-dermatitis-S1545961618P0078X/
- Short- and long-term effects of two emollients on itching and skin restoration in xerotic eczema. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/dth.12692
- What Does Rosemary Smell Like? Understanding the Scent of Rosemary Herb
- Best Essential Oil Blends for Headaches | Effective Essential Oils for Headaches and Migraine
- Pet-Safe Essential Oils | Essential Oils for Cats and Dogs
- Benefits Of Manuka Essential Oil, How To Use Manuka Essential Oil And DIY Recipes
- Fall Essential Oil Blends | Fall Harvest Diffuser Blends
- Moroccan Argan Oil Serum Recipes For Hair, Skin and Nails
- What Does Vetiver Smell Like? Uses and Benefits of Vetiver, Vetiver Scent Profile
- Spikenard Essential Oil Benefits, Uses, and DIY Recipes
- Stamina Essential Oil Blends | Boost and Uplift Mood for Workout | DIY Blends and Benefits