DIY Homemade Beard Oil Recipe Using Essential Oils To Grow A Beard
Beard is a point of pride for some people. To make sure that your beard looks healthy and great, you need to take care of your beard. Maintaining a beard requires effort, whether you have had a full-grown beard for many years or just starting to grow a beard.
Beard oil is one such recipe that you can use to maintain your beard. There are a lot of brands in the market that offer beard oil products. But these store-bought products are very expensive. Instead, you can try making beard oil at home. Making your own beard oil is very convenient and easy to make. You just need to have the right ingredients and follow the right steps.
This post discusses the DIY beard oil recipe that will promote hair growth and hair health. Beard oil can help make your beard look fuller and soft.
Ingredients Required To Make Beard Oil At Home
Essential oils are plant extracts that are extracted through a distillation process using stems, roots, flowers, bark, etc. Essential oils have health-related benefits for skin and hair. It can help stimulate hair growth. It also helps in thickening the beard and softening the hair.
Essential oils stimulate hair follicles and overcome the issue of dry hair by providing moisture and nourishment to the beard. Some of the essential oils that can be used in making beard oil for beard health include rosemary, lavender, tea tree, cedarwood, peppermint, lemon, cedarwood oil, etc. There are many oils apart from the ones listed, and you can try different oils depending on your needs and preferences.
Though using essential oils is optional, you can also make your beard oil without essential oils.
Carrier oils are also required in making beard oil. Using essential oils alone can irritate your skin or can result in some sort of allergic reaction. So, to avoid this, it is suggested to dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil. Carrier oils help in improving hair and skin condition.
Carrier oils include coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, olive oil, castor oil, etc. Carrier oils also have properties that help stimulate beard growth and make a beard strong and healthy. Carrier oil acts as the best base oil for many DIY recipes.
How To Make Your Own Beard Oil At Home?
# Recipe 1 - Beard Oil With Essential Oil
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoons
- Jojoba oil - 1 tablespoon
- Castor oil - 1 tablespoon
- Lavender essential oil - 5 drops
- Rosemary essential oil - 5 drops
- Glass dropper bottle
- In a glass dropper bottle, add carrier oils and a few drops of essential oils.
- Secure the top of the bottle and shake the bottle well to combine carrier and essential oils.
- Store the bottle in a cool and dark place.
- You can apply this oil after washing and/ or before styling your beard.
How To Use It
- Take a few drops of beard oil on your hand and massage around your beard and mustache from root to tip.
- You can use this oil daily or alternatively.
- Apply beard oil after taking a shower when you have slightly damp hair. However, you can also apply it when it is completely dry.
# Beard Oil Without Essential Oil
- Glass dropper bottle
- Carrier oil - 2 tablespoons (Fractionated coconut oil or any other oil)
- Take the bottle and add two tablespoons of carrier oil of your choice. Some of the best carrier oils for your beard are argan oil, sweet almond oil, apricot oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, hemp seed oil, and hazelnut oil.
- Store the bottle in a dark place at room temperature, away from direct sunlight.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
How To Use
- Take a few drops of this beard oil on your hands and rub it to warm the oil.
- After showering, apply this oil to your beard and massage from root to tip.
- You can use beard oil daily.
Best Oils For Beard Oil Recipe
Following are some of the best oils you can use to make beard oil. This list includes both carrier oils and essential oils for the beard.
1. Jojoba Oil
Jojoba oil is one of the most effective oils that you can use on the skin. This oil is similar to the natural oil that our skin produces, and thus it is one of the best choices for moist skin and to use in the making of beard oil. Another major benefit of using this oil is that it has a long shelf life, which won't go rancid compared to other oils.
2. Argan Oil
This is another significant oil you can use to make your beard. Argan oil is rich in fatty acids and contains Vitamin E. Vitamin E can be used to add to your beard oil. Thus it provides nourishment to your beard and the skin beneath. Argan oil has a non-greasy texture and is lightweight on the skin, which gives you a subtle look. Also, it has a nutty scent.
3. Peppermint Essential Oil
Peppermint oil has a refreshing scent. It has menthol in it that gives a cooling effect when applied. It has a strong and long-lasting scent that you can add to your beard oil. Also, peppermint oil promotes beard hair growth and can strengthen your beard. Peppermint oil will nourish the skin beneath the facial hair.
4. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is one of the most commonly used essential oils for treating different skin and hair conditions. It also helps promote hair health. Thus this oil is best for both skin and beard care. Thus this is one of the best choices to add to your DIY beard oil.
5. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil has a woodsy and spicy scent that men usually like. It has skin-soothing properties that can help heal your skin. Thus this is a great oil to add to your homemade beard oil. Frankincense oil can also help in reducing redness.
Though you are not restricted to the listed oils, you can also experiment with different essential oils or use your favorite essential oils. You can also experiment with a combination of carrier oils for beard oil blends.
*Note: Always remember to dilute the essential oil with a carrier oil before applying it to the skin.
Also, undertake a patch test before applying it to the skin.
Benefits Of Using Essential Oils In Making Beard Oil
Essential oils can be beneficial in beard oil for many different reasons. Following are some of the important benefits of using essential oils in making beard oils
One of the most important benefits of using essential oils in beard oil is that it will add a natural scent to the beard oil. Essential oils are plant extracts and have natural scents that can enhance the overall aroma of your beard oil product.
Essential oils are rich in moisture, and using essential oils in beard oil will help in giving that extra moisture to your beard and will nourish it. It will also keep your skin hydrated.
Promotes Beard Growth
Essential oils have properties that stimulate the growth of hair and thus will help in growing your beard. Essential oils like rosemary oil, peppermint oil, etc., boost hair growth and can be used in making beard oils.
Essential oils are well known for their skin-beneficial properties. Thus using essential oils in beard oil will also serve skin benefits. Essential oils like frankincense, chamomile, lavender, tea tree, peppermint, etc., have many skin benefits. It helps reduce dryness, skin irritation, inflammation, redness, etc.
Try the above DIY recipe to make beard oil at home to grow your beard. The recipe includes ingredients like essential oils and carrier oils which are all-natural oils that have benefits for both skin and hair. Essential oils have many health-related benefits, and carrier oils also have many skin and hair benefits. The above post includes some of the best oils that you can use in beard oil.
How do you make your own beard oil?
Ingredients: 2 tablespoons of carrier oil of your choice, 5 drops of essential oil of your choice Instruction: In a glass dropper bottle add all the oils and shake well to mix all the oils.
What ingredients should be used in beard oil?
Carrier oil- coconut oil, argan oil, avocado oil, apricot oil, hemp seed oil, hazelnut oil, etc. Essential oils - Essential oils like frankincense oil, peppermint oil eucalyptus oil, lavender oil, cedarwood oil, lemon oil, rosemary oil, tea tree oil, etc.
Which oil mixture is best for beard growth?
Lavender oil, rosemary oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, and argan oil is the best mixture that can be used for beard health.
How many carrier oils can you mix together for beard oil?
You can mix 3 to 4 carrier oils for beard oil.
- Relaxing Essential Oil Blends – DIY Recipes For Peace Of Mind
- 8 DIY Recipes For Focus Essential Oil Blends
- 8 DIY Uplifting Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Our Ultimate Guide to Detox Baths with Essential Oils and Epsom Salt Bath
- 10 DIY Anxiety Relief Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- 11 DIY Sleep Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Unlocking Serenity: Calming Essential Oil Blends for Relaxation, and Anxiety Relief in Your Diffuser
- Is Diffusing Essential Oils Safe For Your Lungs?