8 DIY Recipes For Focus Essential Oil Blends
Let’s start with defining focus and see how focussed you are. Focus is the state of directing your attention and energy towards a specific task or goal. It involves being fully engaged and immersed in what you are doing, without being easily distracted. Well, it’s not as easy as it sounds. When you are focused, you have a clear and concentrated mindset, allowing you to stay on track and make progress towards your objectives.
It requires mental discipline and the ability to prioritize, and hence block out unnecessary distractions. Focus enables you to harness your mental and physical resources, enabling you to work efficiently, make decisions effectively, and achieve desired outcomes. It is a skill that can be developed through practice, mindfulness, and conscious effort, leading to improved productivity, effectiveness, and overall performance in various areas of life.
Are you still here? Good. In case you lost focus, we will be discussing about the focus essential oils blends. And since you patiently read through the huge introduction, let’s get to the recipes.
(Before we proceed, it is important to note that aromatherapy is not a panacea for stress nor does it stimulate alertness. The aroma evokes a pleasant mood, which may have a positive impact on overall wellbeing.)
Focus Essential Oil Blends
Several essential oils are known for their calming and grounding properties, which can help promote mindfulness when diffused via an essential oil diffuser. Here are some of the best essential oils for focus that are used in blends for enhancing mindfulness:
1. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is renowned for its relaxing and soothing effects. It can help reduce negativity, promoting a calm and peaceful state of mind, which is conducive to mindfulness practices.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense essential oil has been used for centuries in spiritual and meditative practices. It is believed to enhance mindfulness and deep breathing.
3. Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood essential oil is often used in meditation and mindfulness practices. It has a grounding and centering effect, promoting a sense of inner peace and tranquility.
4. Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot essential oil has uplifting and refreshing qualities. It can help relieve tension and create a positive atmosphere, supporting a mindful and present mindset.
5. Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil is known for its earthy and grounding aroma. The herbal oil can help calm a restless mind, foster a sense of connection with the present moment, and encourage mindful awareness.
6. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang Ylang essential oil has a sweet and floral scent that is often used for relaxation and relief. It can help create a serene and peaceful atmosphere, enhancing mindfulness practices.
7. Vetiver Essential Oil
Vetiver essential oil has a deep, earthy fragrance that is commonly used for grounding and stabilizing emotions. It can support mindfulness by promoting a sense of stability and focus.
(When using essential oils for mindfulness, it's important to remember that individual responses may vary, and it's always recommended to use them in a manner that is safe and appropriate for you.)
DIY Recipes for Focus Essential Oil Blends
Recipe #1 - Focus Blend
- 5 drops cedarwood essential oil
- 2 drops wintergreen essential oil
- 2 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop bergamot essential oil
- Add the essential oils to a diffuser.
- Turn on the diffuser and enjoy the calming and energizing scent.
- Focus on a task at hand.
Recipe #2 - Focus Blend
- 2 drops jasmine essential oil
- 1 drop rosemary essential oil
- 1 drop tea tree essential oil
- 3-5 tablespoons of jojoba oil
- Add the essential oils to a roller bottle.
- Add a carrier oil, such as jojoba oil, to fill the roller bottle.
- Roll the blend onto your temples, wrists, and neck.
Recipe #3 - Focus Blend Recipe
- 1 drop grapefruit essential oil
- 1 drop lime essential oil
- 1 drop turmeric essential oil
- Add the essential oils to a diffuser.
- Turn on the diffuser and enjoy the refreshing and energizing scent.
- Turmeric has a spicy aroma. When coupled with citrus-scented oil, it gives a refreshingly unique aroma.
Recipe #4 - Relaxation Blend Recipe
- 4 drops Chamomile essential oil
- 3 drops lemon essential oil
- 2 drops ylang ylang essential oil
- Add the essential oils to a diffuser filled with water.
- Diffuse for 30 minutes to create a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
- The aroma soothes the mind and improves mindfulness
Recipe #4 - Energizing Aroma Blend Recipe
- 3 drops Basil essential oil
- 2 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 2 drops Lemon essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon of jojoba oil
- Dilute the essential oils in a carrier oil (such as sweet almond or jojoba oil)
- Apply a small amount to the temples and wrists.
- Alternatively, you can add the blend to a personal inhaler and take a few deep breaths when you need.
Recipe #5 - Uplifting Blend Recipe
- 4 drops tangerine essential oil
- 3 drops wild orange essential oil
- 2 drops frankincense essential oil
- 2 drops cypress essential oil
- Combine the essential oils in a diffuser.
- Diffuse for a cheerful and uplifting ambiance.
- You can also dilute this blend in a carrier oil (such as fractionated coconut oil, sweet almond or jojoba oil) and use it for a mood-boosting massage.
Recipe #6 - Floral Punch Blend Recipe
- 3 drops Lavender essential oil
- 2 drops Clary Sage essential oil
- 2 drops Chamomile essential oil
- Add the essential oils to a diffuser
- Or dilute them in a carrier oil for a calming massage.
- Alternatively, you can add a few drops to a warm bath for a soothing soak.
Recipe #7 - Energizing Blend
- 3 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 drops Sage essential oil
- 2 drops bergamot essential oil
- Diffuse the essential oils in a diffuser to invigorate your senses.
- You can also mix the blend with a carrier oil and use it in a rejuvenating massage.
Recipe #8 - Woody Mindfulness Blend
- 3 drops Tea tree essential oil
- 3 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops myrrh essential oil
- Combine the essential oils and if needed store it in a dark glass bottle.
- To use, add a few drops of the blend to a diffuser (add water if instructed on the diffuser) and diffuse for 30 minutes. Keep your mind calm and inhale the aroma for good results.
- You can also dilute the blend in a carrier oil and massage it on the skin or particular regions. Massage a small amount onto your wrists, temples, or the back of your neck.
How to use
- Inhale the aroma; take slow, deep breaths, and allow the grounding scents of the woody oils to bring you a sense of stability and presence.
- Embrace the experience and allow yourself to fully engage in the present moment.
The aroma of essential oil can have several effects on the psyche. Here we have discussed the oils that improve mindfulness. The effect of oils for mindfulness can be enhanced by formulating blends that have similar properties. We have shared some of the focus essential oil blends DIY recipes. You can try your own blends with your favorite essential oil. In case of any doubts, contact an aromatherapist.
What is a focus blend?
Focus blend is an amalgamation or mixture of two or more essential oils (and carrier oils) that is diffused to cultivate focus. The aroma of the oils calms the mind, which helps a person focus..
What essential oils are in focus blend?
Commonly used oils in focus blends may include peppermint, rosemary, lemon lavender, Clary sage, geranium, bergamot,sweet orange, and others.
How do you use focus blend essential oil?
Here are three ways to use a focus blend essential oil:
- Diffusion: Add a few drops of the focus blend essential oil to a diffuser and let it disperse the aroma throughout the room. Inhale the scent for focus.
- Topical application: Dilute the focus blend essential oil with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or almond oil, and apply it to pulse points, such as wrists, temples, or the back of the neck. Massage the oil till absorption.
- Direct Inhalation: Place a drop or two of the focus blend essential oil on a tissue or handkerchief. Hold it near your nose and inhale deeply.
- Bedtime Essential Oils Blend for Better Sleep | Best Essential Oils for Sleep
- What Does Sandalwood Smell Like? | Scent Profile of Sandalwood Oil | DIY Recipes and Benefits
- Euphoria Essential Oil Blend | Natural DIY Euphoric Blends
- Wintergreen Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, & DIY Recipes
- Meditation Essential Oil Blend | DIY Recipe Blends for Meditation
- Aromatherapy from the Eastern Lands – Recipes for Japanese Uplifting Blend Essential Oils
- Indian Ayurvedic Blend Oil Recipes
- DIY Linen Spray Recipe | Homemade Linen Spray With Essential Oils
- What Does Rosemary Smell Like? Understanding the Scent of Rosemary Herb