Beeswax In Body Butter – Recipes & Tips
Are making skincare products at home cumbrous?
Au contraire, it is fun to make body butter crafts at home; and it is simple. Not just body butter, but other homemade skincare products are simple and fun to make. The homemade beeswax in body butter recipe is easy to prepare and cost effective than the ones that are bought from the stores.
Recipes with beeswax in body butter have nutrients with skin-nourishing abilities. It is also a moisturizer, a homemade moisturizer with no additives. When the homemade body butter recipe is applied on the skin regularly, its effect can be felt on the skin.
Body Butter – What Is It?
Body butter is basically a skin moisturizer. However, it is not your regular skin moisturizer. Body butter has powerful penetrative abilities and hydrates the deep layers of the skin. Body butter lubricates the skin, keeps the skin hydrated and also nourishes the skin (by giving micronutrients to the skin). It is a powerful weapon for people with dry skin as it prevents dryness of the skin and prevents skin roughness.
Shea butter, coconut oil, mango butter, cocoa butter, and vegetable oils are the ingredients used to make the natural body butter. And the butter encompasses all the nutrients of its source materials including amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. And this butter would of course have saturated healthy fat.
Beeswax – What it does in Body Butter?
Beeswax or cera alba is a type of natural wax made by honey bees. Beeswax has been used since ancient times for different purposes including cosmetics and metal casting. In skincare, beeswax acts as a barrier between the outer layer of the skin and pollutants.
This guard protects the skin from conditions including rashes and dry skin. Beeswax in body butter will give surplus hydration to the skin, which makes the skin soft and increases its suppleness. Beeswax helps stabilize body butter.
Now before we start with the recipes it is important to look at a few tips that experts have shared regarding homemade beeswax in body butter.
Tips To Remember while Crafting Beeswax in Body Butter
The measurements listed for making homemade body butter are adjustable. One need not take the measurement of the ingredients to the book. Variations are acceptable. And one can experiment with the ingredients.
- The process of making body butter with beeswax can leave a mess.
- The melted beeswax is really difficult to scrub, even from glass surfaces.
- If you are planning to make beeswax in body butter regularly, then it is advisable to use a dedicated glass bowl for it.
- This way the melted beeswax will not hamper one of your precious bowls.
- Melted beeswax is difficult to clean, but once it is mixed with the other oily ingredients, the cleaning becomes easier.
Note: Also, while mixing, use small portions or shavings instead of large chunks. Smaller portions melt faster, mix well with other ingredients, and form a homogenous mixture.
Recipes with Beeswax in Body Butter
The body butter is made with different potencies and scents. Adding beeswax to the body butter increases its potency. Beeswax body butter lotion for skin care is known for its consistency and maintains the moisture in the skin.
DIY body butter with beeswax recipes can be made at a fraction of the cost as store bought skin care products. Some of the body butter recipes with beeswax are listed here.
Recipe #1: Beeswax in Shea Body Butter
Shea butter is an emollient that softens the skin. It is extensively used by people with dry skin.
- 6 tablespoons of Shea butter
- 3 tablespoons of Beeswax
- Half a cup of virgin coconut oil
- 6 drops of tea tree essential oil
- 4 drops of Vitamin E oil
- 3 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Double boiler
- Measure the amount of the ingredients to be used.
- Use the double boiler to melt the ingredients (Shea butter, coconut oil and beeswax) completely. Meat it to make a thorough blend.
- Take out the top boiler and allow it to cool down. Mix the Vitamin E and essential oils if needed. Mix the solution well.
- Cool it completely by refrigerating it.
- Use a cream whipper to whip the solution while it cools down. The mixture will become thicker.
- When the thickness reaches acceptable levels, transfer the contents to a jar and store it in a cool and dark place.
Recipe #2: Beeswax Pellets with Lavender Body Butter
Lavender has many benefits. A skin cream with lavender and beeswax can soothe the irritation of the skin, lighten the dark spots and hydrate the skin. Here’s the recipe with lavender body butter and beeswax pellets.
- 100 gms of beeswax
- A cup of lavender body butter
- Half a cup of coconut oil
- Half a cup of almond oil
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Double boiler
- Heat the double boiler, and in the top pot place lavender body butter, beeswax pellets and coconut oil.
- Make sure all the chunks are melted. It is better to add the beeswax first as its melting point is the highest. Beeswax has honey in it. When it melts, it releases the aroma of honey. A soon as you smell the aroma, it is time to add the honey.
- Now remove the first pot and allow the contents to cool off. When it has cooled significantly, add the almond oil.
- Now place the entire cooled mixture in the freezer for some time. When it becomes opaque and hard, take it out.
- The mixture will get opaque while refrigerated. Now, the mixture musbe t neither to hard that it is unsuitable for whipping, nor too soft that while whipping it becomes lumpy. If the mixture is too hard, it can be heated slightly. The end result should have a smooth and creamy surface.
- After mildly heating the mixture, add the lavender essential oil and honey. Use an electric mixer to whisk the cream. An immersion blender will also work.
- Now transfer the contents to a jar.
Recipe #3: Beeswax with Cocoa Body Butter
Vitamin E has several benefits. It is good for the eyes, etc. And, it is present in high quantities in cocoa butter. It also has copious amounts of essential fatty acids. These nutrients in cocoa butter make it valuable in skincare regimen. The home made recipe for beeswax with cocoa body butter is as follows: -
- Quarter cup of cocoa body butter
- One third cup of Shea butter
- 50 grams of beeswax
- 2 tablespoons of jojoba carrier oil
- 6 drops of Vitamin E Oil
- 12 drops of geranium essential oil
- Double boiler
- In the upper pot of the double boiler melt the following ingredients – beeswax, Shea butter and cocoa butter.
- After melting the ingredients, remove the pot and allow it to cool.
- Add the other ingredients and give it a good mix.
- Scrape the contents of the pot into a glass jar. And store it in refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now, when the mould is semi-sold and opaque, mix it with a blender till it becomes creamy.
- Store the blend in a cool and dark place.
Beeswax in body butter is good for the skin and homemade lotion versions are easy to make. It is particularly beneficial for those with dry skin type. It can be made during winter and summer seasons as it hydrates the skin and protects it from dryness. A few ingredients including beeswax, essential oils and carrier oils are needed to make the body butter.
The luxurious product with good fragrance made with natural ingredients must be stored at room temperature or stored in a cool place. Its shelf life can be increased by months if kept in a cool place.
Is beeswax good for body butter?
Beeswax is a natural wax that thickens the body butter. It is also used to stabilize the body butter. It is a common practice to add beeswax to body butter.
How much beeswax should I put in my body butter?
Experts generally use 20 to 35% of beeswax in body butter. For instance, if you are using 1 cup of oil then use one third of beeswax.
Does beeswax keep body butter from melting?
Beeswax is known as hard butter. It solidifies the body butter and does not melt at normal temperatures. Beeswax is added to soft oils and butters to prevent it from melting.
- Relaxing Essential Oil Blends – DIY Recipes For Peace Of Mind
- 8 DIY Recipes For Focus Essential Oil Blends
- 8 DIY Uplifting Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Our Ultimate Guide to Detox Baths with Essential Oils and Epsom Salt Bath
- 10 DIY Anxiety Relief Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- 11 DIY Sleep Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Unlocking Serenity: Calming Essential Oil Blends for Relaxation, and Anxiety Relief in Your Diffuser
- Is Diffusing Essential Oils Safe For Your Lungs?