Homemade Face Moisturizer | DIY Natural Face Moisturizer Recipe
By making your own moisturizer, you can avoid using harmful chemicals on your skin that are included in store-bought beauty products. You can also add desired scents to your moisturizers.
Making your own natural products gives you different types of satisfaction and happiness. Today, many people are experimenting with different DIY recipes for skincare and hair care products at home by using all-natural ingredients.
In this article, the recipe for making homemade face moisturizer is discussed. One of the major benefits of making homemade face moisturizer is that you can customize your moisturizer depending on your needs.
Read below to learn about DIY recipes that you can try to make face moisturizers at your home.
What Ingredients Are Used In Making Moisturizer At Home?
Shea butter is one of the best ingredients that one can use in their moisturizer. This is a common ingredient that is used in face creams and lotions mainly because of its high skin moisturizing capacity..
Shea butter helps heal dry skin and cracked skin. It helps in reducing acne marks, increases skin elasticity, helps even out the skin tone, and reduces the issue of skin discolorations.
Other butter options that can be used include cocoa butter and mango butter.
Carrier oils include jojoba oil, coconut oil, olive oil, argan oil, grapeseed oil, rosehip oil, hemp seed oil, sweet almond oil, avocado oil, etc. These carrier oils offer nourishment to your skin.
Essential oils are extracted from different parts of plants and are high in health based properties. There are many different essential oils that can be used on the face.
There are many different essential oils that can be used on the face.
These essential oils can help with skincare as it will nourish, moisture, and hydrate the skin.
Also, it will add a great scent to your moisturizers. Some essential oils that you can add to your face moisturizers include lavender oil, sandalwood oil, yarrow oil, myrrh oil, rose oil, frankincense oil, helichrysum oil, tea tree oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, turmeric oil, etc.
How To Make Natural Face Moisturizers At Home | DIY Face Moisturizer Recipe
# DIY 1 - Ultra Light Face Moisturizer
- Floral hydrosol - 1 cup
- Jojoba oil - 3/4 cup (You can also use sweet almond oil)
- Beeswax pallets - 1 tablespoon
- Cocoa butter - 4 tablespoons
- Aloe vera gel - 2 tablespoons
- Take a large bowl and add aloe vera gel and hydrosol to it. With the help of a fork, whip the mixture and keep it in a warm spot.
- Take the double boiler or saucepan and heat beeswax, cocoa butter, and jojoba oil in it. Keep on stirring the mixture until completely melted. You can even microwave it.
- When completely melted, turn off the flame and pour the mixture into a blender.
- Let the mixture cool in a blender at room temperature.
- Blend this mixture for 10 seconds at the lowest setting. Add aloe vera gel and hydrosol mixture in this blend slowly and keep on blending.
- Keep on blending till you get the consistency that you want.
- Store the mixture in a container or pump bottle. Store it in a cool place.
- You can keep this moisturizer for up to 3 weeks.
This is one of the best DIY skin care products one can try at home to promote healthy skin.
# DIY 2 - Soothing Moisturizer For Irritated Skin
- 1/2 cup argan oil
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 8 drops carrot seed oil
- 5 drops chamomile oil
- Take a container and add and mix argan oil and sweet almond oil in it.
- Add carrot seed oil and chamomile oil to this mixture and blend well.
- Store in a cool and dark place.
Do try this moisturizer today to make your skin healthy.
# DIY 3 - Day Cream For Dry Skin
- Sweet almond oil - 4 tablespoons
- Avocado oil - 2 tablespoons
- Sea buckthorn oil - 1 tablespoon
- Essential oil - 10 drops
- Take a container and add and mix all the oils together.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Apply a few drops of the oil moisturizer to your skin. Gently massage the skin.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
Many people love this recipe as it helps keep your skin moisturized. This skin moisturizer for dry skin will make your skin soft and will also help your skin get the desired nourishment. If you have dry skin, this is the best oil that will suit your skin.
# DIY 4- Moisturizer For Anti-Aging
- Argan oil - 2 tablespoon
- Rosehip oil - 1 tablespoon
- Carrot seed oil - 10 drops
- Lavender essential oil - 5 drops
- Rose essential oil - 5 drops
- In a container, mix all the oils.
- Store this oil in an air-tight container or bottle and store it in a cool and dark place.
- Take a few drops of this oil and apply and massage onto your skin.
- Shake the bottle well before use.
# DIY 5 - Rose- Hibiscus Moisturizer
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Argan oil - 1/4 cup
- Organic hibiscus powder- 2 tablespoons
- Organic rose petals (Optional)
- Rose essential oil - 5 drops
- Take a double boiler and melt coconut oil in it.
- Add argan oil to coconut oil.
- Chop the rose petals (Optional)
- Add hibiscus powder to the warm mixture of coconut oil and argan oil.
- Leave the mixture for 2 hours or overnight.
- Take a cheesecloth and strain the mixture into a container in which you will store the moisturizer.
- Add a few drops of rose essential oil to it and mix it well.
- Store the moisturizer in a cool and dark place.
Facial moisturizer made using coconut oil helps give nourishment to your skin especially if you have dry skin issues. Adding a few drops of essential oil to this DIY moisturizer will help you achieve glowing natural skin. Many people with dry and dull skin like this recipe.
# DIY 6 - Moisturizer For Smooth Skin
- Aloe vera gel - 1 cup
- Beeswax - 3/4 ounce
- Almond oil - 1/4 cup
- Coconut oil - 1/4 cup
- Grapefruit essential oil - 10 drops
- Start melting beeswax in a double boiler and add coconut and almond oil.
- Pour this melted mixture into a blender and let it cool down for 1 to 2 hours.
- Take a cup, add aloe vera gel, and add essential oil.
- Now fire up the blender, pour the aloe vera gel and essential oil mixture, and whip it.
- Slowly, it will transform from thick oil to a fluffy cream-like texture.
- Store the moisturizer in an air-tight container and keep it in a cool place.
# DIY 7 - All Natural Daily Face Moisturizer Recipe
- 1/2 cup - of organic coconut oil
- 1/2 cup - cocoa butter (Or Shea butter)
- 7 drops of frankincense oil
- 5 drops of roman chamomile essential oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Take a double boiler and melt cocoa butter and coconut oil.
- Once completely melted, remove it from the heat and let it cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the frankincense and roman chamomile oil to this mixture.
- Add Vitamin E oil to the mixture and stir well.
- Refrigerate this mixture for 10 minutes till it is partially solidified.
- Now whip this mixture for a few minutes till a butter-like consistency is achieved.
- Store this mixture in a container and place it in a cool and dark place.
- Your homemade moisturizer is ready for use.
- This is one of the best homemade natural moisturizers that you can store for 6 to 12 months.
# DIY 8 - Homemade Face Lotion For Night
- Coconut oil - 1/2 cup
- Shea butter - 1/2 cup
- Lemon oil - 2 drops
- Lavender oil - 4 drops
- Tea tree oil - 2 drops
- Frankincense oil - 2 drops
- Take a double boiler and melt shea butter and coconut oil until completely liquid.
- Take it down from heat and cool for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add all the oils to this mixture and stir well.
- Wait for it to solidify partially. If you want, you can also refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- Whip this mixture using an electric whisk or a hand mixer till you get a butter or lotion-like consistency.
- Store this mixture in an air-tight container and place it in a cool and dark place.
- You can use this cream for 6 to 12 months.
This moisturizer may help you get rid of signs of anti-aging and is best for you if your skin is dry. The oils in this recipe have medicinal properties.
*Note: Lemon oil is sun sensitive, and thus it is recommended to use this cream at night only.
Points To Remember
- Use face wash to cleanse your face before applying moisturiser.
- All the above-mentioned DIY recipe-made skin creams should be used on the face and neck.
- You can also use these creams on the face and body.
- The above DIY face cream recipes can be used by acne prone skin, sensitive skin, dry skin, and oily skin type people.
Is It Okay To Use Oils On The Face As A Moisturizer?
Many people usually ask, "Can I use oil on my face." People are very concerned about their facial skin and thus do not want to take Oils like carrier oil, nourishing oil, and essential oils that can be used on the face as moisturizers. Oils are natural ingredients and work well for almost every skin type. Also, using oils as face moisturizers gives you the scope to customize it according to your needs and requirements.
Carrier oils like jojoba oil, argan oil, apricot oil, coconut oil, etc.; nourishing oils like sea buckthorn oil, rosehip seed oil, etc.; and essential oils like roman chamomile oil, lavender oil, tea tree oil, frankincense oil, etc. do wonders as face moisturizers.
Oils give your skin the extra nourishment and moisturization that helps keep your face moisturized for a longer period of time. It is said that oils help retain the water content and do not add any water to your skin. Thus, it is stated that oils moisturize your skin but, do not hydrate it. This is the reason it is suggested that moisturizers should be made with both, that is, face oils, and butter or wax.
You need to find the right balance between oils and butter/ Vaseline/ waxes while making homemade face cream.
Why Make Your Own Moisturizer?
- One of the major reasons is that making your own moisturizer is very easy. It takes a few minutes to make your moisturizer using all-natural ingredients.
- You can customize your moisturizer depending on your skin requirements.
- Homemade creams are free from chemicals as you can use all-natural ingredients that are safe on the skin.
- Using natural ingredients adds many benefits to your skin and can help rejuvenate your skin. The beauty products available in the market are full of harmful chemicals and toxins like carcinogens that can irritate your skin and cause hormonal imbalances.
- Also, making your own moisturizer will help you save a lot of money as it is highly cost-effective compared to the expensive beauty products available in the market.
Trying natural homemade beauty products is preferred by many people. It includes all-natural ingredients like carrier oils, essential oils, using Shea butter, etc. Though many people frown on using oil as a moisturizer, its use can help you keep your best face forward. Using oils for your skin can help heal mature skin and give you younger, soft, and supple-looking skin. The above article has discussed some DIY recipes you can use to make moisturizer.
What is the best ingredient to moisturize your face?
Shea butter, carrier oils like avocado oil, sunflower oil, coconut oil, aloe vera gel, and essential oils like lavender oil, frankincense oil, chamomile oil, rose oil, etc. are some of the best ingredients to moisturize your face.
What is the best homemade face moisturizer?
Face moisturizer that includes carrier oil, nourishing oil, essential oil, and butter like Shea butter or cocoa butter is the best homemade face moisturizer.
What ingredients hydrate your face?
Coconut oil, aloe vera gel, honey, petroleum jelly, glycerin, sunflower seed oil, olive oil, and essential oils are some of the ingredients that hydrate your face.
How do you make a simple moisturizer?
- To make a simple moisturizer you include ingredients like shea butter, sweet almond oil, coconut oil, sea buckthorn oil, and a few drops of your favorite essential oils.
- Take a double boiler and melt shea butter and coconut oil in it until completely liquid.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool for around 30 minutes.
- Now add all the remaining oils in it and stir well.
- Now refrigerate this mixture for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now remove it from refrigeration and whip it until butter-like consistency is achieved.
- W.G. Goreja. (2004). Shea Butter: The Nourishing Properties of Africa's Best-Kept Natural Beauty Secret. https://books.google.com/books?id=6iQjwr9v84gC&dq=Shea+butter+is+one+of+the+best+ingredients+that+one+can+use+in+their+moisturizer&lr=&source=gbs_navlinks_s
- Ané Orchard, Guy Kamatou, Alvaro M. Viljoen, Namita Patel, Patricia Mawela, and Sandy F. van Vuuren. (2019). The Influence of Carrier Oils on the Antimicrobial Activity and Cytotoxicity of Essential Oils. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2019/6981305/
- Bentham Science Publishers. Volume 19, Number 13. (2018). Essential Oils: Extraction Techniques, Pharmaceutical And Therapeutic Potential - A Review. https://www.ingentaconnect.com/content/ben/cdm/2018/00000019/00000013/art00009
- Essential oils are used to make homemade moisturizers. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=RNJcbhxsFtMC&oi=fnd&pg=PA8&dq=Essential+oils+are+used+to+make+homemade+moisturizers&ots=3jN2Qk0bDI&sig=duhLeiW1eDxEeKJX4zfhxdpKQfo#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Essential oils used in aromatherapy: A systemic review. (2015). BabarAli, Naser AliAl-Wabel, SaibaShams, AftabAhamad, Shah AlamKhan, FirozAnwar. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2221169115001033
- Best Oils for Itchy Scalp | Hair Oils for Dandruff and Itchy Scalp
- 7 Best Health Recipes With Bay Laurel Essential Oil – DIY Tips
- Spearmint Essential Oil Benefits | Ways to Use Spearmint Essential Oil and DIY Recipes
- How to Use Oregano Oil for Cold and Flu | Oil of Oregano to Treat a Cold
- Cajeput Essential Oil Uses, Benefits, and DIY Recipes
- Nourishing Hair Mask With Essential Oils | DIY Hair Mask Recipes Using Essential Oils
- Petitgrain Oil Benefits, Uses and DIY – For Tranquility, Skincare & More
- Bergamot Scent: What Does Bergamot Essential Oil Smell Like?
- Essential Oils That Stimulate The Vagus Nerve, Promote Mental Health, And Reduce Stress