Exciting Aroma-filled Recipes of Organic Frankincense Essential Oil
Organic Frankincense oil, derived from the resin of the Boswellia tree, has been valued for centuries due to its numerous benefits. Just on its own, the organic oil of frankincense boasts a range of therapeutic properties, making it a popular choice in aromatherapy and traditional medicine. However, the recipes of organic frankincense essential oil, where it is mixed or blended with other essential oils and carrier oils, amplifies the effect of frankincense. Even the recipes with the oil has been in use for thousands of years.
One of its primary advantages is its ability to reduce fatigue and anxiety. The oil's aroma has a calming effect on the mind and body, and in case you believe in spirituality, on the soul as well. It helps to alleviate feelings of tension and promotes relaxation.
Its soothing properties may also aid in improving sleep quality, making it an excellent choice for those struggling with insomnia or irregular sleep patterns. However, it needs to be mentioned here that the benefits of frankincense oil need more evidence-based research.
The oil’s got health-based properties as well. One of the popular properties of Frankincense oil is its potent anti-inflammatory properties. When applied topically, it can help reduce inflammation and when massaged properly it can alleviate minor aches and pains. It is thus a valuable natural remedy for various conditions, including joint and muscle discomfort. However, the true magic of frankincense oil often emerges when it's used in blends with other essential oils. Blending results in a synergy.
This synergy of different oils complements and enhances each other's properties and benefits. For instance, when frankincense is combined with lavender oil (which is known for its relaxing properties) frankincense can amplify the calming effects, creating a more potent stress-relief blend. Similarly, mixing frankincense with a citrus oil like bergamot can enhance its mood-boosting properties, creating a blend that uplifts and energizes.
Blending also expands the different possibilities of using frankincense oil. For example, in skincare, combining it with oils like jojoba or rosehip can create a nourishing and rejuvenating serum that helps with diminishing the appearance of scars, fine lines, and improving overall skin health. When used in a diffuser blend for meditation or spiritual practices alongside sandalwood or myrrh, frankincense can deepen the experience, thereby fostering a sense of tranquility and focus.
Moreover, some recipes of organic frankincense oil can address specific health concerns more effectively. For respiratory issues, combining frankincense with eucalyptus or peppermint oil can create a powerful decongestant blend to ease breathing and support respiratory health.
Exhaustive List of Essential Oils that Blends Well Organic Frankincense Oil
Frankincense oil can be blended well with several essential oils. This list (of over 20 to 25 oils) would answer your query “which essential oils blends well with frankincense essential oil”.
- Lavender essential oil
- Lemon essential oil
- Orange essential oil
- Bergamot essential oil
- Sandalwood essential oil
- Myrrh essential oil
- Rose essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Ylang-ylang essential oil
- Patchouli essential oil
- Cedarwood essential oil
- Chamomile (Roman or German) essential oil
- Eucalyptus essential oil
- Peppermint essential oil
- Tea Tree essential oil
- Clary Sage essential oil
- Juniper Berry essential oil
- Cypress essential oil
- Vetiver essential oil
- Pine essential oil
- Ginger essential oil
- Basil essential oil
- Thyme essential oil
- Marjoram essential oil
- Rosemary essential oil
- Neroli essential oil
- Jasmine essential oil
- Petitgrain essential oil
- Palmarosa essential oil
- Lemongrass essential oil
Best Recipes of Organic Frankincense Essential Oil
Here are some diverse recipes incorporating frankincense essential oil with different oils. These oils blends can be used in several ways as instructed.
Recipe #1 - Relaxing Bath Blend
- 5 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Jasmine essential oil
- 2 drops Bergamot essential oil
- 1 tablespoon carrier oil (such as coconut oil or jojoba oil)
- Bath water
- Mix the essential oils with the carrier oil in a small bowl.
- Add the blend to your bathwater as you fill the tub.
- Relax and soak in the bath for 15-20 minutes to unwind and de-stress.
Recipe #2 - Rejuvenating Facial Serum
- 4 drops organic Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Rosemary essential oil
- 2 drops Helichrysum essential oil
- 1 oz (30 ml) Argan oil or Rosehip oil
- Combine all the essential oils in a dark glass dropper bottle.
- Add the carrier oil and shake well to blend.
- Apply a few drops to clean, damp skin as part of your daily skincare routine, gently massaging it in.
Recipe #3 - Soothing Muscle Massage Oil
- 6 drops Frankincense essential oil organic
- 4 drops Spearmint essential oil
- 2 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 2 tablespoons carrier oil (like sweet almond oil or grapeseed oil)
- Mix the essential oils with the carrier oil in a small bowl.
- Massage the blend onto sore or tense muscles in a gentle, circular motion.
Recipe #4 - Calming Room Spray
- 10 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 5 drops Geranium essential oil
- 60 ml Distilled water
- 30 ml Witch hazel or vodka (as an emulsifier)
- Combine all the essential oils in a glass spray bottle.
- Add witch hazel or vodka to the bottle, then fill the rest with distilled water.
- Shake well before each use and spray it around the room for a calming atmosphere.
Recipe #5 - Meditation Diffuser Blend
- 4 drops Frankincense essential oil
- 3 drops Sandalwood essential oil
- 2 drops Vetiver essential oil
- Add the essential oils to your diffuser along with the recommended amount of water.
- Diffuse the blend in your meditation space to create a grounding and serene ambiance.
Recipe #6 - Frankincense-Infused Honey
This honey is a delicious and soothing addition to teas, smoothies, or simply enjoyed on its own. The frankincense oil adds a subtle earthy flavor and aroma, along with its potential health benefits.
- 1 full cup of raw honey
- 10 - 15 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- In a small bowl, combine the honey and frankincense oil.
- Stir gently until the oil is evenly distributed throughout the honey.
- Store the infused honey in a sealed container at room temperature.
Recipe #7 - Frankincense-Infused Coconut Oil
This coconut oil is a luxurious and hydrating moisturizer for the skin and hair. The frankincense oil adds a grounding scent and may help to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
- 1 cup melted coconut oil
- 12 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- In a small bowl, combine the melted coconut oil and frankincense oil.
- Stir gently until the oil is evenly distributed throughout the coconut oil.
- Allow the mixture to cool and solidify at room temperature.
- Once solid, store the infused coconut oil in a sealed container.
Recipe #8 - Frankincense-Lavender Diffuser Blend
This diffuser blend is perfect for creating a calming and relaxing atmosphere in your home. The frankincense and lavender oils work together to promote relaxation, reduce stress, and improve sleep quality.
- 5 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
- Add the frankincense and lavender oils to your diffuser.
- Follow the instructions for your specific diffuser to set the diffusion time and mode.
- Enjoy the relaxing aroma of the essential oils.
Recipe #9 - Frankincense-Lemon Cleaning Spray
This cleaning spray is a natural and effective way to clean and disinfect your home. The frankincense and lemon oils have antibacterial and antifungal properties, and the frankincense oil also adds a pleasant scent.
- 1 cup distilled water
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 10 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- In a spray bottle, combine the distilled water, white vinegar, frankincense oil, and lemon oil.
- Shake well to mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- Spray the cleaning solution on the surfaces you want to clean, and wipe with a clean cloth.
Recipe #10 - Frankincense-Ginger Lip Balm
This lip balm is a nourishing and soothing treatment for dry and cracked lips. The frankincense and ginger oils have anti-inflammatory properties, and sure, the frankincense oil also adds a subtle earthy flavor.
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops organic frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops ginger essential oil
- In a double boiler, melt the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the frankincense and ginger oils.
- Pour the mixture into lip balm containers and allow to cool and solidify.
- Store the lip balm in a cool, dry place.
- Apply a coat on the lips as needed.
Different Ways to Use Recipes of Organic Frankincense Essential Oil Blends
Essential oil blends can be used in a variety of ways to enhance your well-being and create a pleasant atmosphere in your surroundings. Here are some popular methods:
Use a diffuser to disperse the essential oil blend into the air. This is a great way to enjoy the aroma-therapeutic benefits of the oils and create a relaxing or energizing atmosphere depending on the blend used.
2. Topical Application:
Dilute essential oil blends with a carrier oil, such as coconut oil or jojoba oil, before applying them to your skin. This can be used for massage, skincare, or to target specific areas of discomfort. A bottle of oil can also be used as deodorant, but dilution is key.
Add a few drops of the blend to a bowl of hot water, and inhale the steam to experience the benefits directly. You can also use an inhaler stick or personal inhaler device for a more targeted experience.
Add a few drops of the blend to your bath water to create a relaxing and therapeutic experience.
5. Home Cleaning:
Make your own cleaning solutions with essential oil blends for a natural and fragrant way to clean your home.
6. DIY Projects:
Create homemade candles, soaps, lotions, and other personal care products with your favorite essential oil blends.
7. Other Uses:
Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water and use as a linen spray or air freshener.
Put a few drops on a cotton ball and place it in your car for a long-lasting scent.
Use a blend for aromatherapy massage to relieve muscle tension and promote relaxation.
Risks Of Using Frankincense Oil In A Blend
While frankincense oil offers numerous benefits, there are some considerations and potential risks associated with its use in blends. Using a single essential oil for wellness has its risks, so one needs to be more careful while using it in a blend. Here are some of the issues that might arise:
Skin Sensitivity: Essential oils and blends can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions in some individuals. This is especially true for those with sensitive skin. What’s the solution? A patch test before using any new blend on the face or larger area of skin.
Photo-toxicity: Some citrus essential oils (and others), when applied to the skin and exposed to sunlight, can cause skin irritation or burns. Frankincense oil is not phototoxic, but when blended with phototoxic oils like lemon or bergamot oil, it might increase the risk. Remember to be mindful while stepping out.
Interaction with Medications: There could be potential interactions between the compounds in the oils and certain medications, affecting their efficacy or causing adverse effects. There have been many recorded cases. (Yet people doubt the efficacy of essential oils.)
Pregnancy and Breastfeeding: Pregnant or breastfeeding women should consult with a doctor before using certain essential oils, including blends containing frankincense.
Quality and Purity: Ensure you are using high-quality, pure essential oils in your blends.
Ingestion Risks: Ingesting essential oils, including frankincense, can be harmful and should be avoided. Even if you read “ingestion” in some websites selling essential oils, never do so unless talking to a doctor. At Gya Labs, ingestion is not recommended.
Breathing issues: Some individuals might be sensitive to strong aromas or certain aromas. When using essential oil blends in enclosed spaces, choose moderate amounts.
Pets and Children: When using essential oil blends around pets and children follow due diligence. Always use oils in diluted form and keep them out of reach of children and pets.
It's crucial to use essential oils, including frankincense, mindfully and with proper knowledge.
Precautions While Using Organic Frankincense Oil Blends
When using organic frankincense oil blends, it's essential to take specific precautions to ensure safe and effective usage:
Do a Patch Test: Before applying the blend to a larger area of skin, conduct a patch test. Apply a tiny amount of the diluted blend to a patch of skin (like the inner forearm or thigh) and wait for 24 hours to check for any adverse reactions or irritation.
Do Dilute: Always dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before applying them to the skin. The typical recommended for dilution is 1-2% essential oil in the overall blend.
Quality Oils: Ensure that you buy high-quality, organic frankincense oil and other essential oils used in your blends. One source is of course, yours truly Gya Labs.
Check for Phototoxicity: Be cautious when using blends that contain citrus oils. Certain citrus oils can increase skin sensitivity to sunlight. Avoid sun exposure after applying phototoxic oils.
Do Consult: If you have any health concerns like chronic medical conditions, or if you're pregnant or nursing, consult your doctor before using plant-based oils.
Find Your Dosage: Practice moderation when using blends. Even though organic oils are natural, using excessive amounts can sometimes cause adverse reactions.
Proper Storage: Store organic frankincense oil blends in dark glass bottles in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. Some of the blends or homemade oils can be stored in a refrigerator.
Keep Away from Eyes and Other Sensitive Parts: Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. If burning occurs in these areas due to contact, rinse thoroughly with a carrier oil, not water.
Be Mindful of Children and Pets: Exercise caution when using organic blends around children and pets. In case of pets, certain oils and aromas have certain effects on certain pets.
Be Aware: Understand the purpose and recommended usage of any blend.
Adding organic frankincense essential oil into diverse blends offers a versatile array of benefits, from promoting relaxation and soothing muscles to enhancing skincare and creating calming atmospheres. These carefully crafted recipes have organic frankincense essential oil that enhances the effect of other complementary essential oils. The blend of several oils, including carrier oils provide effective and natural solutions for self-care and overall wellness. Feel free to mix and match essential oils with frankincense oil and embrace enhanced self-care routines.
How do I make organic frankincense essential oil?
Making organic frankincense essential oil at home involves a steam distillation process. Here's a simple method:
- Harvest: Gather organic frankincense resin.
- Water Soak: Soak the resin in water overnight.
- Steam Distillation: Place the soaked resin in a still, add water, and steam-distill the mixture.
- Condensation: Collect and condense the steam, separating the essential oil from water.
- Storage: Store the obtained oil in a dark glass bottle.
How do you use organic frankincense oil?
Organic frankincense oil can be used for aromatherapy by diffusing or inhaling directly. You can also use it for skincare after diluting it with a carrier oil and applying topically for a healthy complexion. It can also be used as a massage oil for relaxation and can be added to baths for a luxurious experience.
What can you mix with organic frankincense essential oil?
You can mix organic frankincense oil with lavender,geranium, rose, ylang ylang, orange, grapefruit, sandalwood, cedarwood, neroli, lemon, or clary sage oils.
- Neroli Essential Oil For Hair Growth: Benefits & Uses Of Neroli Oil For Hair
- Lavender Essential Oil For Scar Healing | Wound Healing Potential Of Lavender Oil
- Star Anise Essential Oil Guide: Uses, Benefits And DIY Recipes
- Best Essential Oils For Hay Fever | Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergies
- Tea Tree Oil Vs Argan Oil: Find Which One Is Better For Hair
- Best Essential Oils For Grey Hair | Treat Premature Greying Of Hair Naturally Using Essential Oils
- Best Essential Oils For Gardening | How To Use Essential Oils In The Garden For Pest Control
- Essential Oils Guide For Beginners: Everything You Need To Know & How To Use Essential Oils
- Essential Oils For Whiteheads | Best Essential Oils For Acne