Natural Lip Plumper DIY Recipes and Tips
Are your lips Instagrammable?
Having a photogenic face is amplified with plump lips. Those who do not have pouty lips need not worry because there are several natural lip plumper solutions that will make a person more attractive. Fuller lips can make a person look younger. Don’t believe us?
A 2009 research article investigated why some women look younger than their age (1). The perceived age of a person decreases with better skin care and less wrinkles. Now you know why people are such big fans of essential oil. Nonetheless, getting fuller lips are not only needed for that perfect picture, and aesthetic appeal, it is necessary to look younger.
Getting plump lips need not be an expensive affair. Buying cosmetics from the stores and online regularly can put a dent in your budget. However, opting for natural lip plumper can be easy on the pocket and increase the available options.
Need For Natural Lip Plumper
Many professionals make use of needles to make the lip look fuller. This method has many drawbacks. It makes the lips so plump that even an amateur could tell the difference. The lips may look bruised and the time for healing is long. The homemade natural lip plumper gives natural results.
These lip plumpers are made with natural oils and products that have other benefits when applied on the skin. Thus, it not only nourishes the lips, but the body as well. These homemade lip plumpers are easy to make and easy to use. They have other benefits as well.
Benefits of Natural Lip Plumper
Plumping one's lips at home is possible and one does not need cosmetic products to achieve the desired outcome. The benefits of making and using natural plumper are as follows: -
1. Shiny Lips
Homemade natural lip plumper gives the lips a good shine. When essential oils are used or certain carrier oils are used, the lips get a soothing effect when it gets supple.
2. Voluminous Lips
Plump lips are the fad; but, there is no need to spend a fortune or do some procedure to get the desired look. Organic lip plumper works very well and gives the lips a fuller appearance.
3. Nourishment for Lips
The natural lip plumper made at home utilizes natural ingredients. The essential oils, carrier oils, butters and spices have health-related properties. These ingredients also have vitamins and minerals and fatty acids. It nourishes the lips.
4. Lip Healer
The nutrients in the natural lips plumper heal chapped lips. It has deep penetration powers and it can revitalize the cells and repair damage to the lips. Applying the natural oils on the skin heals chapped and cracked lips.
Homemade Natural Lip Plumper DIY Recipes
Those without supple pouty lips need not be dejected because there are natural ways of attaining the luscious lips. Making lip plumpers at home has many benefits including cost benefits and authenticity of ingredients. Now there are several recipes for lip plumper, some of which are described below.
Natural Lip Plumper Recipes
Cinnamon Essential Oil and Shea Butter
- 2 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of Shea butter
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl
- Apply it on the lips.
- Massage it for few minutes.
Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Mix the ingredients
- Apply it on the lips and scrub with it.
- Wipe the ingredients off the lips and apply a lip balm.
Olive Oil and Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- A teaspoon of brown sugar
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl
- Take a lip brush; dip it in the olive oil mix.
- Apply the brush, in circular motions, on the lips.
- Do this for 2-3 minutes
- Wash the lips with warm water
Cayenne Pepper & Peppermint Essential Oil
- 2-3 drops of peppermint essential oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Half a tablespoon of coconut oil
- Roll on bottle
- Mix the ingredients.
- Store it in a roll-on bottle
- Apply it on the lips few times a day
Clove Oil and Carrier Oils
- 1 tablespoon of sweet almond oil
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 drops of clove bud essential oil
- 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil or cinnamon powder
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
- Using your fingers apply it on the lips.
- Massage it for a few minutes.
- Allow it to stay on the lips for 10 minutes.
- Wash it with cold water.
- Avoid if lips are cracked or has cuts.
Cinnamon Oil and Olive Oil
- Cinnamon essential oil or cinnamon powder or cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup of olive oil
- Glass jar
- Add the ingredients in the glass jar and seal the jar.
- Keep the jar in a cool and dark place for a week till the color changes.
- Apply the oil on the lips and massage it every night
Cocoa Butter and Rosehip Seed Oil
- 1 tablespoon of rosehip seed oil
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter
- 5 – 8 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- Heat the cocoa butter till it is melted.
- Add the other ingredients to the butter and mix it well.
- Allow the solution to cool.
- Apply the cooled solution on the lips.
- Leave it on the lips for some time before rinsing it off.
- Store the remaining solution for regular use.
Lip Gloss with Peppermint and Cayenne Pepper
- 5-8 drops of peppermint essential oil
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- Unscented lip gloss
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl
- Transfer it to a roll-bottle.
- Apply on the lips as needed.
Lipstick and Cinnamon
- Your lipstick
- 5 drops of cinnamon essential oil
- Remove the tube of the lipstick and place it a container.
- Heat the container till the lipstick is melted.
- Cool the liquid.
- Add the cinnamon to the liquid.
- Pour the liquid back to the container of the lipstick or balm container.
- Allow it to solidify.
Oils and Beeswax
- 1 drop of cinnamon essential oil
- 2 drops of peppermint essential oil
- 1 tablespoon of avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon of beeswax
- Melt the beeswax and allow it to cool.
- Add the other ingredients and give the mixture a good stir.
- Apply on the lips for shine and hydration.
Tips To Remember
The effect of the natural lip plumper recipes will last for several hours, but there are a few tips that will increase the longevity of the lip plumper.
The one thing that no one should forget when it comes to lip care is to avoid dryness. There are several products that helps restore the moisture of the lips. Drink enough water to keep the body hydrated as well. Water is needed to maintain the elasticity of the skin.
The lips also look dry and dull due to dead skin cells. Dry lips look tiny and lackluster. Exfoliating the lips with suitable carrier oil, essential oil and sugar will remove the dead skin cells and replenish it with nutrients.
Making the lips plump by hydrating it and nourishing it can be done at home with natural ingredients. The natural lip plumper ingredients can range from essential oils to carrier oils to cayenne pepper and beeswax. Follow the recipes of making the lip plumper and get pouty photogenic lips.
DIY lip plumper of peppermint oil recipes make your lips plumper as it increases the blood flow to your lips. The active ingredients in peppermint oil and cinnamon scrub may irritate the lips; hence consult with a board-certified dermatologist before use.
How can I plump my lips naturally?
There are several ingredients and recipes that can plump the lips naturally. For instance, mixing cayenne pepper with olive oil, and applying and massaging the lips a few times a day will make the lips plumper.
Why use natural lip plumper?
There are several cosmetics in the markets that can make the lips plump. But, natural lip plumpers are easy to make, easy to use and are more affordable.
What is the best homemade lip plumper?
The best homemade lip plumper has essential oils (cinnamon and peppermint oils), carrier oils (olive and almond oils) and cayenne pepper. You can add Shea butter or cocoa butter to this mix.
What essential oil plumps lips?
The common essential oils used in lip plumping solutions are cinnamon essential oil, peppermint essential oil and clove bud essential oil.
- Why Some Women Look Young for Their Age. https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0008021
- Benefits of Australian Sandalwood Essential Oil, Uses, and DIY Recipes
- Holiday Cheer Essential Oil Blends | Holiday Cheer Diffuser Recipes
- Bedtime Essential Oils Blend for Better Sleep | Best Essential Oils for Sleep
- What Does Sandalwood Smell Like? | Scent Profile of Sandalwood Oil | DIY Recipes and Benefits
- Euphoria Essential Oil Blend | Natural DIY Euphoric Blends
- Wintergreen Essential Oil: Uses, Benefits, & DIY Recipes
- Meditation Essential Oil Blend | DIY Recipe Blends for Meditation
- Aromatherapy from the Eastern Lands – Recipes for Japanese Uplifting Blend Essential Oils
- Indian Ayurvedic Blend Oil Recipes