Vitamin C Pack For Face – Benefits and Homemade Recipe
Vitamin C for the skin has gained traction in recent years. Vitamin C is an essential nutrient for the body and for healthy skin. There are several serums, lotions, ointments and creams made with Vitamin C. What’s so great about Vitamin C, you ask? Vitamin C is a powerhouse that has numerous health benefits.
This vitamin is considered a panache for skin problems, acne breakouts, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and skin infections. It fortifies the skin internally while repairing it from the outside. One of the common products is a Vitamin C pack for the face.
Now, Vitamin C is an essential nutrient, but humans cannot make this vitamin, many animals can. All animals had the ability to make Vitamin C due a gene called the GULO gene. But, somewhere during evolution, humans lost this gene. But we are not alone; other animals including apes, bats and some bats have lost it too.
Now we have to rely on food to get the Vitamin C. These food items include green leafy vegetables, citrus fruits, tomatoes, bell pepper and strawberries. Vitamin C is essential for the skin as it protects the skin. And it also promotes the production of collagen.
Beauty Benefits of Vitamin C Pack for Face
Before learning how to make a face pack with all natural ingredients, it is important to know how Vitamin C helps the skin.
Vitamin C for Collagen Production
Collagen is a protein that provides structural support to the skin, tendons and ligament. To synthesize this protein, the body needs Vitamin C.
A 2015 study published in the journal Clinical, Cosmetic and Investigational Dermatology divided 60 healthy females into two groups.
One group was given a Vitamin C solution and the other group was given a placebo solution for facial application. After a period of 2 months, the ultrasonographic images showed that the group that used Vitamin C solution has increased collagen synthesis (3).
Vitamin C Skin Lightening Effect
Vitamin C is renowned for its skin whitening or lightening effect. There is an enzyme called tyrosinase that transforms the amino acids to melanin. Melanin is a pigment that gives the skin a color. Vitamin C inhibits the function of tyrosinase, thereby lightening the skin color.
Using Vitamin C For Vitamin E
Another important nutrient for the skin is Vitamin E.. However, overexposure to sunlight decreases the amount of Vitamin E.
Vitamin C as the primary replenisher of Vitamin E has been studied in a 2017 research published in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology.
Natural Homemade Vitamin C Pack for Face | Vitamin C Face Mask Recipes
To make a Vitamin C face pack at home there is no need to buy exquisite products. It is made with products that are easily available. Make a vitamin c face mask at home with simple ingredients like glycerin, organic almond and orange peel powder.
It has the ability to reduce excess oil, and improve acne scars on common skin. It offers protection and healing to the skin. Homemade vitamin C face masks contain all the goodness of vitamin c. Mix all the ingredients available in the markets as mentioned here.
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of orange powder or Vitamin C powder or orange peels
- Bottle of rose water
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- Turmeric powder or 1 drop of turmeric essential oil
Instructions for Vitamin C Pack for Face
- If you are using orange peels, then dry the peels under sunlight for two days and grind it to a powder.
- Next, take a bowl and mix the orange powder, honey and curd. Mix well.
- To this concoction add a pinch of turmeric powder or a drop of turmeric essential oil.
- Pour rose water and mix well.
- Clean your face and apply this concoction to the face.
- Leave it on for 30 minutes till the mask dries.
- Wash it off with cold water
Benefits of Vitamin C Face Mask Ingredients
Each ingredient used in making the face pack has its benefits for the skin, and since all of them are natural products the risk of side effects is less.
Benefits of Orange Peels
- The powder of orange peel is effective in protecting the skin from the UV radiation light.
- It ahs anti-microbial properties.
- Orange is a citrus fruit and citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C. It, thus, lightens the skin tone.
- The orange powder removes the dirt form the pores.
- It acts as natural skin bleach and lightens the dark spots and acne marks.
Benefits of Honey
- Honey is a natural moisturizer and keeps the skin supple and soft.
- Honey fights against acne breakouts
Benefits of Curd for Skin
- The moisture in curd replenishes the skin and keeps it hydrated.
- Curd is used to exfoliate the skin because of its lactic acid.
- Skin issues including tanning, blemishes, pigmentation and scars are taken care of with the use of curd.
Benefits of Turmeric for Skin
- It is a treatment for hyperpigmentation and dark spots.
- Turmeric protects the skin from environmental damage.
- It helps with skin conditions.
Benefits of Rose Water for Skin
- Rose water cleanses the skin by removing dirt and debris.
- It tightens the skin thus ensuring its elasticity.
- It balances the sebum secretion of the skin.
Vitamin C pack for face is useful for skin health remedy. A natural homemade face pack is easy to make and use. The face pack must contain ingredients rich in Vitamin C.
Can we use vitamin C face pack daily?
Vitamin C face packs prepared with natural ingredients can be applied on the face daily. Experts recommend applying the face mask twice a day.
How do you make a vitamin C face pack?
Here is a simple step by step instruction to make a vitamin C face pack.
- Take the orange peels of two oranges and sun-dry it for 2 days.
- Grind the peels to fine powder.
- In a bowl, take 2-3 tablespoons of orange peel powder, 2 tablespoons of curd, and 1 tablespoon of honey, and mix it well.
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder (or one drop of turmeric essential oil).
- Pour small amounts of rose water into the bowl and mix it till it becomes a thick paste.
- Apply the paste to the face and leave it till it dries.
- Wash with cold water.
Can I leave vitamin C face pack on my face overnight?
Applying Vitamin C on the face will result in a radiant and glowing skin. Applying vitamin C face pack before bedtime and leaving overnight will ensure that the skin absorbs the essence of the face pack and repairs the skin. It is recommended that the face pack be left on the face overnight.
- The Roles of Vitamin C in Skin Health. https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/9/8/866
- J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. (2017). Topical Vitamin C and the Skin: Mechanisms of Action and Clinical Applications. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5605218/
- Clin Cosmet Investig Dermatol. (2015). The role of vitamin C in pushing back the boundaries of skin aging: an ultrasonographic approach. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4562654/
- Relaxing Essential Oil Blends – DIY Recipes For Peace Of Mind
- 8 DIY Recipes For Focus Essential Oil Blends
- 8 DIY Uplifting Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Relax and Rejuvenate: Our Ultimate Guide to Detox Baths with Essential Oils and Epsom Salt Bath
- 10 DIY Anxiety Relief Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- 11 DIY Sleep Essential Oil Blend Recipes
- Unlocking Serenity: Calming Essential Oil Blends for Relaxation, and Anxiety Relief in Your Diffuser
- Is Diffusing Essential Oils Safe For Your Lungs?