What essential oil is best for sinus congestion?
The most popular and preferred oil for sinus congestion is eucalyptus essential oil. Other oils include peppermint, tea tree, turmeric and clove bud oils.
How to use essential oil for sinus congestion?
Use a steam inhaler, vaporizer or a bowl.
- Pour steaming hot water in the device
- Add five drops of essential oil or blends in the water.
- Take a big cloth and place on your head and the bowl, if possible covering both entirely.
- Deeply inhale the aromatic steam for 15 minutes.
- Repeat this four or five times a day
How do you use essential oils for sinus drainage?
The oil can be inhaled directly or through an aroma diffuser. However, using a steam inhaler is the preferred choice for many people. Use peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, ginger or clove oils. These oils dilute the phlegm, open airways and reduce inflammation.
How much oil of oregano for sinus infection?
Two to five drops of oregano oil should suffice for steam inhalation.
Where to apply essential oils for sinus congestion?
For topical application, dilute the essential oil and apply it on the side of the nose and on the throat.