Chili Essential Oil Uses for Health and Beauty
Overview Of Chili Essential Oil
Looking for something to boost hair growth and relieve pain? Then this smoky, spicy, and strong essential oil is the answer! Commonly used to season food, chilies also make great essential oils that are beneficial for both health and beauty.
What Is Chili Essential Oil?
When you think of chilies, images of hot, spicy food may come up but don’t let that intimidate you from trying this underrated essential oil. This invigorating, dark red oil with a spicy aroma has therapeutic and healing properties that have been celebrated for centuries.
Chili peppers have been part of the human diet as far back as 7500 BC. It was then distributed all over the world by Christopher Columbus and Portuguese traders. Today, many different cultivars of chili peppers can be found and they’re used in a myriad of ways.
Chili essential oil is made from the steam distillation process of hot pepper seeds. Resulting in a dark red and spicy essential oil, rich in capsaicin. Capsaicin, a chemical found in chili peppers that gives them their distinct heat, is loaded with amazing therapeutic properties. Thus, chili seed essential oil (not to be confused with edible chili oil) is able to stimulate blood circulation, relieve pain, and aid hair growth when applied topically.
Chili Essential Oil Benefits
Small but mighty. Chili peppers have great benefits for growing hair and maintaining better health when they’re made into essential oil. Chili oil can be used for treating day-to-day issues as well as nourishing the body with powerful health benefits.
Relieves Muscle Aches
An effective pain-relieving agent, capsaicin in chili oil is a powerful analgesic for people who suffer from muscle aches and stiff joints due to rheumatism and arthritis.
Eases Stomach Discomfort
Aside from relieving muscle aches, chili oil can also ease stomach discomfort by encouraging better blood flow to the area, numbing it from pain, and encouraging digestion.
Boosts Hair Growth
Because of capsaicin, chili oil can encourage hair growth by encouraging better blood circulation to the scalp while tightening and thereby strengthening hair follicles.
Boosts Immune System
Chilli essential oil can also help give the immune system a leg up because it stimulates the production of white blood cells.
Helps Improve Blood Flow
The most common effect of capsaicin is that it improves blood flow throughout the body, which betters overall health, making you strong from the inside.
Chili Oil Uses
Because of its pain-relieving properties, chili essential oil is mostly used to ease away pain and discomfort in the body and improve blood flow for health and hair benefits. It depends on how and where you use it, but chili essential oil can be a useful addition to any self-care kit.
It Helps Soothe Muscle And Joint Pains
Do away with pesky pains thanks to the relaxing effects of chili essential oil. Use it to improve blood circulation and relieve achy joints so you can be on your way towards a speedy recovery.
It Helps Reduce Inflammation
Chili essential oil is great for reducing pain and inflammation-related health issues, so you can say goodbye to swelling and redness.
It Helps Soothe Menstrual Cramps
If you’re a uterus owner and struggle with menstrual cramps that take over your whole day, chili essential oil can help soothe cramps with its analgesic effects.
It Reduces Hair Loss
If going through hair loss has you beat, chili essential oil is definitely worth a try. It encourages blood flow to the scalp which facilitates hair growth and healthier roots.
How To Use Chili Essential Oil
There are many ways to enjoy the health benefits of Chili Essential Oil. Here are some ways you can get the most out of this invigorating oil through topical application.
Chili Essential Oil For Soothing Aches And Pains
Massaging Chili Oil on the body and focusing on sore areas is the best way to reap the benefits of this healing essential oil. Here is a recipe so you can make your own Chili Oil Balm at home:
- 1oz cocoa butter
- 1oz beeswax
- 0.2oz menthol crystals
- 0.14oz chili essential oil
- 0.17oz camphor essential oil
- 0.21oz cajeput essential oil
- 0.14oz peppermint essential oil
- Combine all the essential oils and menthol crystals in a glass jar. Put the glass jar in a pot of boiling water over low heat.
- Melt the cocoa butter and beeswax in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Take the glass jar of essential oils out of the water bath and pour the cocoa butter and beeswax mixture into the glass jar and stir until well combined.
- Place the glass jar with all the ingredients back into the hot bath if the mixture hardens before everything is well combined.
- For extra safety, always keep the mixture in glass containers.
Chili Essential Oil For Easing Menstrual Cramps
Getting your period every month is tiring and sometimes your uterus just isn’t kind to you. Soothe away menstrual cramps with this recipe:
- 0.25oz beeswax
- 0.67oz safflower oil (or other fast-absorbing liquid oil)
- 40 drops clary sage essential oil
- 30 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops cassia essential oil
- 20 drops chili essential oil
- 6 drops lavender essential oil
- 6 drops juniper essential oil
- Melt beeswax and liquid oil in a double boiler.
- Once fully melted and combined, remove from heat and quickly add in the essential oils. Stir to combine, then pour the mixture into glass containers.
Apply the salve onto affected areas during periods and wait for the relieving properties to kick in.
Chili Essential Oil For Hair
If you want luscious locks, chili essential oil might be what you need to kick start the process. Try out the hair mask recipe below for a head full of healthier hair.
- 1 cup melted virgin coconut oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- 5 drops chili essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- Mix everything together in a glass jar.
- Apply to the scalp and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Wash with shampoo and conditioner as usual and rinse thoroughly.
Safety With Chili Essential Oil
Essential oils are great for self-care routines. However, we should also take care and caution when using them to keep ourselves and our loved ones safe! Here are a few guidelines to keep in mind.
- Read the label and instructions to make sure you’re using the oil correctly.
- Make sure to dilute the essential oil in a carrier oil for safe application.
- Avoid using essential oils of sensitive areas like the eyes and nose.
- Don’t apply it on broken skin either unless it’s mentioned on the bottle or label.
- Keep it out of reach of kids and furkids.
- Some oils may make you sensitive to sun damage, so be sure to load up on SPF.
- If you show signs of irritation, stop use and consult a health professional.
If you love chili essential oil and want more products to elevate your every day, here are some of the essential oils we recommend. Conveniently shop them from our online store.