How are natural oils extracted?
The most common ways of extracting essential oils are: -
- Steam distillation
- CO2 extraction
- Solvent extraction
How do I make my own essential oils?
The easiest way to make essential oils at home is to follow the maceration method.
- Choose the essential oil that you like.
- Get the plant parts that are used in making the oil.
- Choose a carrier oil.
- Follow the maceration technique for that particular essential oil
- Filter the oil
- Store in a dark and cool place.
What are the 3 ways essential oils can be used?
The 3 ways essential oils can be used are: -
- Diffusing the aroma of the essential oil through an aroma diffuser.
- Diluting the essential oil with carrier oil and massaging the body.
- Adding essential oils to bath water and taking a relaxing bath.
What essential oils should you use daily?
Experts recommend not using essential oils daily. However, if you still need to use essential oils daily then choose the oils with mild effects and aroma. These oils are: -
- Lavender essential oil
- Chamomile essential oil
- Spearmint essential oil
- Geranium essential oil
- Blue tansy essential oil