What is Peppermint Essential Oil good for?
Peppermint Essential Oil is a refreshing oil that keeps your airways clear for smoother breathing. It’s also a powerful muscle relaxant that soothes away muscle aches. The fresh, minty scent provides great relief for throbbing headaches so you can enjoy carefree moments.
How to use Peppermint Oil?
The easiest way to release Peppermint Essential Oil’s aromatic benefits is through a diffuser, humidifier or on a candle top. Mixing it with a Carrier Oil is the best way to “carry” its benefits to your skin, body and hair! Get creative and add it to clothes and linens or mix them into other solutions for their uplifting properties.
How can I use Peppermint Essential Oil to regrow my hair?
Peppermint Oil for Hair contains menthol that increases blood flow to scalps which stimulates hair growth. Dilute about 1-2 drops of Peppermint Oil for every tablespoon of our Carrier Oils, then apply topically on scalps during your hair care routine.
Can Peppermint Essential Oil be used for better sleep at night?
The menthol component of the best Peppermint Oil promotes muscle relaxation and relieves stress which allows you to fall asleep with ease.
Can Peppermint Essential Oil be used for fever?
The cooling properties of Peppermint Oil can be used to help cool off your skin and body when you have a fever.
Can Peppermint Essential Oil be used for cold sores?
Although Peppermint Oil doesn't kill the virus, it helps to relieve recurrent cold sore infections. A lab study demonstrated that Peppermint Oil could potentially calm the symptoms of cold sores.
What are the side effects of using Peppermint Oil?
Applying concentrated essential oils undiluted may be irritating to the skin. However, this can be easily solved by using our skin friendly Carrier Oils to make them gentle & safer for topical application. We also recommend doing a skin patch test with a carrier oil-blend and observe if any allergic reactions occur within 24 hours before applying it on delicate parts of the skin.
What is peppermint oil good for in a diffuser?
Peppermint oil for diffuser is used in aromatherapy to diffuse the aroma of peppermint. Inhaling this aroma is said to boost mental health by removing stress and anxiety.
Is peppermint essential oil good for hair?
How to get peppermint oil off your skin?
What are the other uses of Peppermint Essential Oil?
- Breathing - Being an expectorant, peppermint oil clears the nasal passage and allows proper breathing.
- Pain relief - Peppermint oil is an analgesic. When it is rubbed on pain points it reduces the pain. Hence it is used in pain relief ointments and sprays.
- Fever - The oil, when applied on the body can lower the body temperature.
- Cold sore - Research has proven that peppermint oil can soothe herpes strain. In case of initial symptoms of cold sores, apply the oil directly.
- Neck pain - Rub diluted peppermint oil to get quick relief from neck pain.
- Congestion - Peppermint oil has expectorant properties that clears nasal, throat and chest congestions.
- Massage - Peppermint oil has a cooling effect on the body. It is hence preferred as a massage oil.It can either be applied alone or in a blend of other essential oils.
- Sleep - Diffusing peppermint oil during bedtime has a sedative effect that induces quick sleep.
- Aromatherapy - With the aid of an aroma diffuser, peppermint oil is diffused in an enclosed space and its aroma is inhaled to remove negativity.
- Face - With its antiseptic and antibacterial properties, peppermint oil deeply cleanses the faces and prevents acne buildup.
- Sore Throat - The antibacterial and antiviral properties of peppermint oil can ease sore throat.
- Cough - Peppermint oil relaxes the bronchial muscles thereby enabling smooth breathing.
- Stomach Pain - Peppermint essential oil is an antispasmodic useful in relieving stomach pain, cramps and indigestion.
- Migraine - The menthol content in peppermint is used to reduce the intensity of migraines.
- Toothache - Peppermint oil is soaked in a tea bag and applied directly on the affected tooth to reduce pain.