Is spearmint essential oil safe for dogs?
It is generally recommended to keep the pets away from essential oils, especially mint oils. Spearmint oil, if applied on a dog, will have side effects. Regular use may also result in liver failure in dogs. If the dog comes in contact with spearmint essential oil, use a detergent and clean water to clean the fur. In case the dog has licked the oil and starts behaving erratically, contact a veterinarian.
What is spearmint essential oil good for in a diffuser?
A. A few drops of spearmint essential oil can be added to a diffuser and used in aromatherapy. Using an aroma diffuser for aromatherapy diffuses the aroma of spearmint oil in the whole room.
Is spearmint essential oil safe for cats?
Mint oils including spearmint essential oils have compound methyl salicylates that may be harmful to cats and result in side effects. It is better to keep the oil away from the cat’s reach, and if it has come in contact with the oil, use a detergent and clean water to clean the fur.
How to use spearmint essential oil for pcos?
A research was conducted on female rats to find the effect of spearmint oil on polycystic ovarian syndrome. The research concluded that spearmint had the potential to treat PCOS by stopping the production of testosterone.
Is spearmint essential oil safe during pregnancy?
Using spearmint oil in small amounts is considered safe during pregnancy. However, using high doses on a regular basis must be avoided.
Is spearmint oil toxic?
Spearmint oil is generally considered to be safe oil. However, taking more than the suggested oil in its raw form can result in side effects.
Can pregnant women be around spearmint essential oil aroma therapy?
Pregnant women must not do aromatherapy with spearmint essential oil as it may cause nausea and vomiting. In case aromatherapy cannot be avoided, consult a doctor.
Is spearmint essential oil safe for babies?
Spearmint essential oil is considered to be safe for children above the age group of six years. Babies can be massaged with diluted spearmint oil; however talk to a doctor beforehand.
Does spearmint essential oil cause cancer?
There is no evidence to suggest or conclude that spearmint essential oil causes cancers.
What are the benefits of spearmint oil for hair?
Spearmint essential oil has antifungal and antibacterial properties. When the diluted oil is applied on the scalp, it treats certain conditions including dandruff, itchiness and dryness.
What are the benefits of spearmint oil for face?
Spearmint oil is said to remove dead skin cells from the face, thus leading to new skin, which means that it maintains the elasticity of the skin. When applied on the skin, it cleanses it and gives a cooling effect.
Does spearmint oil reduce appetite?
Many people use spearmint oil to curb appetite and reduce weight. However, evidence of using spearmint oil to lower appetite is only anecdotal. Concrete evidence is needed to conclusively prove that spearmint reduces appetite and thus weight.
What are the other uses of spearmint?
- A. Pain Spearmint may help reduce arthritis-related joint discomfort. A thorough review research that included both animal and human investigations indicated that essential oils derived from this mint have pain-relieving properties.
- Acne Spearmint Essential Oil also has antimicrobial qualities, which help to prevent the spread of acne-causing microorganisms. Components such as limonene actively encourage cell turnover and help to clear your skin of pollutants and free radicals. This essential oil can treat and prevent acne, pimples, and other itchy skin.
- Hirsutism Spearmint essential oil is also used to treat hirsutism and menstruation cramps. It has been proven that spearmint tea contains antiandrogen qualities and greatly reduces testosterone levels and hirsutism in PCOS women.
- Fever Spearmint is a tasty, minty plant that may be good to your health. It has a lot of antioxidants and other helpful plant chemicals that may help regulate hormones, control blood sugar, and lessen fevers.
- Facial hair Two cups of spearmint tea each day may help women minimise facial hair development. According to research, it may help reduce testosterone, which has been related to the growth of beard hair.
- Headaches Some individuals use spearmint oil to treat sickness, heartburn, gas, headache, toothache, spasms, and dry mouth. It is also used topically to assist minimise swelling caused by nerve or muscular discomfort.
- Congestion Spearmint Oil, by providing a cooling feeling, can aid in the relief of itching caused by dehydration and skin irritations. Spearmint Oil, when used in aromatherapy, is reported to help alleviate nasal congestion produced by an abundance of phlegm and mucus in the nose and throat, allowing for better breathing.