Best Essential Oils For Dryer Balls : Benefits, How To Use, And DIY Recipe
Dryer balls are one of the best alternatives to chemical dryers and fabric conditioners. Dryer balls help reduce the clothes drying time. Usually, wool dryer balls are suggested for use and you should try to avoid plastic and chemical dryers as it has a negative impact on the environment.
Dryer balls save a lot of money and time in drying clothes quickly. Though some might say that they will not get to enjoy the smell of fabric conditioner. No need to think much, essential oils are there to your rescue.
Essential oils are being used for many different purposes these days. Essential oils can be used on dryer balls to add fragrance to your fabrics. You can combine essential oils with your dryer balls to give a nice scent to your clothes.
There are different dryer balls like plastic, chemical fabric conditioners, and wool dryer balls. People are switching from fabric softeners to wool dryer balls as it is eco-friendly. You can choose essential oils to use on wool dryer balls and put them in the dryer to add a natural scent to your laundry.
Best Essential Oils For Dryer Balls
1. Lavender essential oil
Lavender oil is one of the great oils to use on dryer balls. Lavender oil has a very soft and soothing scent that can calm your mind and body . It helps release stress and anxiety and its use on dryer balls can help reach the scent of this oil and its other properties to the clothes. Lavender oil has sedative properties that help in inducing better sleep.
2. Rosemary essential oil
Rosemary oil is another best option to use on dryer balls. It has a strong aroma that can give a fresh and perfect scent to your laundry. Rosemary essential oil also has many therapeutic effects like reducing stress and tension, improving blood circulation, etc. Use of this oil in your laundry can help enjoy all these benefits.
3. Chamomile essential oil
Chamomile oil helps in relieving stress, anxiety, and depression . It has a mild floral scent that can refresh your mood. It has natural soothing properties that help you keep calm. So, using this essential oil on your dryer balls will give a floral scent to your laundry along with many different benefits.
4. Patchouli essential oil
Patchouli oil has a musky and earthy scent and using this on dryer balls can help add this scent to your clothes. Some of the benefits of this essential oil include uplifting your mood, reducing stress, and anxiety, etc. . You can add patchouli essential oil to your laundry to enjoy these therapeutic benefits.
5. Ylang Ylang essential oil
Ylang Ylang oil has a very long-lasting scent which makes it one of the best options to use on dryer balls. It has a very rich scent that can keep your clothes smelling nice all day long. It has a tropical scent to it. Along with this it also has many benefits like it has an energizing scent and can lift up your mood. It also helps in reducing depression and stress.
6. Sweet orange essential oil
Orange oil has a citrusy scent. It can instantly lift up your mood and make you cheerful . This oil has a long-lasting scent and it can be added to your linens as well by way of dryer balls. Along with this it also has many benefits like energizing your mood, helping you balance your mood, and reducing stress and anxiety.
7. Cinnamon essential oil
Cinnamon oil has a very rich aromatic scent. Adding cinnamon essential oil om your dryer will add a sweet and long-lasting scent to your clothes. Cinnamon essential oil lifts your mood instantly and also helps you calm down. It induces better sleep .
8. Grapefruit essential oil
Grapefruit has a sweet and refreshing smell. Using this oil on your dryer balls will make your clothes scent fresh and clean. Grapefruit oil decreases stress and anxiety. It lifts up your mood.
9. Marjoram essential oil
The fragrance of marjoram oil is very famous and exotic. It has a mix of spicy and sweet scents to it which makes it unique from other oils . It has a very soft and subtle scent which makes it the best option for dryer balls.
10. Bergamot essential oil
Bergamot oil has a light floral scent that will fill your clothes with a long-lasting scent. Bergamot oil has antidepressant properties and hence will help you calm down and release stress, anxiety, and depression . It also has sedative properties that help in inducing better sleep. You can use this essential oil to add to your dryer balls and enjoy these benefits.
11. Lemon essential oil
Lemon oil has a strong citrusy scent that remains long-lasting on your clothes. It has a very refreshing and energizing scent. The use of this oil promotes health and this makes it a good choice for dryer balls.
12. Eucalyptus essential oil
Eucalyptus has a minty fresh scent that refreshes your mood instantly and this makes it one of the best options for using on dryer balls. This oil can be used for towels, bedsheets, gym wears, etc. It has many medicinal properties like it as naturally calming and cooling properties that help calm your mind and release stress and anxiety . This oil can be used in the laundry to give a fresh scent to your clothes.
13. Jasmine essential oil
Jasmine oil is one of the best essential oils that can be used with dryer balls. Jasmine oil has a very long-lasting, refreshing, and stronger scent as compared to other oils. It has antidepressant properties that help in releasing stress and depression. It can also be used for promoting better sleep. Thus, can be used on duvets, bedsheets, towels, pillowcases, etc.
14. Rose essential oil
Rose oil has antimicrobial properties making it a good choice for dryer balls. It has a very sweet and long-lasting scent. Rose oil can reduce stress and anxiety and help calm your mind. This oil is best for personal clothes, bedsheets, pillowcases, etc.
15. Lemongrass essential oil
Lemongrass oil has an amazing scent that can refresh your mood and energize you. Adding this oil to your dryer balls can add a very nice and long-lasting scent to your laundry. It also has medicinal benefits like it helps reduce muscle pain and stiffness.
16. Sandalwood essential oil
Sandalwood oil has a very woodsy and earthy scent making it unique for use on dryer balls. It helps in reducing stress and anxiety. It also has a long-lasting scent that can be used on clothes. It is one of the best essential oils for wool dryers.
17. Vetiver essential oil
Vetiver oil has a woodsy scent. The smell of this oil is deep and it can calm your mind and body. This oil is best suitable for men's clothing.
What Are The Benefits Of Using Essential Oils On Dryer Balls?
- One of the most important benefits is that it will add natural and long-lasting fragrances to your clothes
- Using essential oils on dryer balls can also give the benefits of aromatherapy.
- Essential oils have many medicinal and therapeutic benefits like sedative proprieties, natural calming and cooling properties, etc. that can be enjoyed from your clothes.
- It is cost-effective to use essential oils on dryer balls instead of using fabric conditioners and softener sheets.
- It is environmentally friendly and reduces the release of toxins in the air.
- You can add your favorite fragrances to your clothes.
- Using essential oils on dryer balls will help increase the life span of your clothes.
Benefits Of Using Wool Dryer Balls
Many people have started using wool dryer balls instead of plastic dryer balls and chemical dryer balls because of their benefits. Following are the benefits of dryer balls made from wool.
- Wool dryer balls help in providing extra softness to the fabric. It also helps in eliminating wrinkles from clothes.
- It helps you enjoy the natural fragrance of your clothes instead of smelling toxic chemicals.
- Using wool dryer balls with essential oils will help you enjoy the additional medicinal and therapeutic benefits of essential oils.
- Wool dryer balls last very long compared to chemical dryer balls. Thus it saves a lot of money as well.
- Using dryer balls helps in speeding up the time spent on drying clothes. This saves a lot of time.
How To Use Essential Oils With Dryer Balls?
- Add 2-3 drops of essential oils to dryer balls. You can combine different oils as per your choice or you can use a common essential oil on dryer balls.
- Then let the dryer balls dry for a minute and then put it in the machine with wet clothes.
- Avoid overloading the dryer as it will hinder ventilation.
- Avoid drying the clothes for too long.
DIY Essential Oil Recipe For Wool Dryer Balls
DIY essential oil blend for dryer balls
- 5 drops of rose oil
- 5 drops of lavender oil
- 5 drops of jasmine oil
- 3 drops of grapefruit oil
- Wool balls
- Add 3-5 drops of essential oils to dryer balls and leave them to dry for 1 minute.
- You can add single essential oil to all the dryer balls or can add a mixture of oils to the dryer balls.
- Put the dryer balls into the wet laundry in the dryer and start the dryer.
- Do not fill the dryer to make sure that warm air circulates while drying the clothes.
- Take the dry clothes out of the machine once they are dried.
Essential oils and wool dryer balls are gaining wide popularity these days as essential oils work great with wool dryers. It is becoming a trend to use essential oils for wool dryer balls as it acts as natural fabric conditioner and people can avoid using chemical fabric conditioners. People have started switching to dryer balls made of wool to become more environmentally friendly and to make economical choices.
You can add essential oils to your wool dryer balls to make your clothes smell fresh and clean. Essential oils are natural plant extracts and this makes it safe to use essential oils in the wet laundry. Wool dryer balls are being used widely as unlike dryer sheets they can be used many times thus saving a lot of money.
Which essential oil is best for wool dryer balls?
Lavender oil, rosemary oil, chamomile oil, patchouli oil, ylang-ylang oil, sweet orange oil. Cinnamon oil, grapefruit oil, marjoram oil, bergamot oil, lemon oil, eucalyptus oil, jasmine oil, rose oil, lemongrass oil, sandalwood oil, and vetiver oil are some of the essential oils best for wool dryer balls.
Which essential oil should I use on dryer balls?
There are a number of essential oils that you can choose from to use on dryer balls like jasmine oil, lavender oil, marjoram oil, lemon oil, and many other oils as listed above.
How to use essential oil dryer balls?
You can add 2-3 drops of essential oils on dryer balls. You can use a single essential oil or you can play with and combine different essential oils as per your preferences and add to dryer balls.
- H. M. A. Cavanagh,J. M. Wilkinson. (2002). Biological activities of Lavender essential oil. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.1103.
- The effects of Lavender and Chamomile essential oil inhalation aromatherapy on depression, anxiety and stress in older community-dwelling people: A randomized controlled trial. Volume 18, Issue 3, May–June 2022, Pages 272-278. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S155083072100001X.
- Puji Astuti ,Khairan Khairan, Marthoenis Marthoenis and Kartini Hasballah . (2022). Antidepressant-like Activity of Patchouli Oil var. Tapak Tuan (Pogostemon cablin Benth) via Elevated Dopamine Level: A Study Using Rat Model. https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8247/15/5/608.
- Orange oil has a citrusy scent. It can instantly lift up your mood and make you cheerful. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=sbSPDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT9&dq=Orange+oil+has+a+citrusy+scent.+It+can+instantly+lift+up+your+mood+and+make+you+cheerful&ots=MlEuDBTDEI&sig=wJmTfgCgBSpZjMe1PN6DzzavDGk&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. Volume 209, February 2021, 111820. Neuromodulatory effect of cinnamon oil on behavioural disturbance, CYP1A1, iNOStranscripts and neurochemical alterations induced by deltamethrin in rat brain. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0147651320316560.
- Denys J. Charles. (2012). Antioxidant Properties of Spices, Herbs and Other Sources. https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-1-4614-4310-0_37.
- Lorena R. Lizarraga-Valderrama. (2020). Effects of essential oils on central nervous system: Focus on mental health. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/ptr.6854.
- H Göbel,G Schmidt,D Soyka. (1994). Effect of peppermint and eucalyptus oil preparations on neurophysiological and experimental algesimetric headache parameters. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1046/j.1468-2982.1994.014003228.x.
- 19 Essential Oils For Dark Circles | Effective Essential Oils To Reduce Dark Circles
- 20 Best Essential Oils For Joint Pain | Essential Oils To Relieve Joint Pain
- 13 Amazing Essential Oils For Dandruff | Anti-Dandruff Essential Oils Remedies
- Essential Oils For Cold Sores Relief | Essential Oils To Get Rid Off Cold Sores
- 15 Best Essential Oils For Hair Growth | Essential Oils That Boost Hair Growth
- Tea Tree Oil For Cold Sores | How To Use Tea Tree Oil For Cold Sores?
- Best Essential Oils For Allergies | Essential Oils For Seasonal Allergies
- 15 Benefits of Turmeric Essential Oil – Uses and Recipes