11 Best Aphrodisiac Essential Oils For Love | Essential Oils For Romance, And Libido
Essential oils are trending these days, and for many good reasons. Essential oils promote good health and wellness. Like it has medicinal and therapeutic properties that help improve skin and health conditions. One of the lesser-known uses of essential oils is that it is believed to enhance sexual desires (1). Essential oils can be used to boost love in your relationship.
Aphrodisiac essential oils are plant extracts that help in improving sexual functioning and also increase libido. Aphrodisiac is a substance that stimulates the senses and increases excitement, passion, and romance within you (2). Aromatherapy can play a strategic role in your relationship. So to spice up things and the love and romance in your life, you can give a try to the below aphrodisiac oils.
Continue reading to learn about the best aphrodisiac essential oils and how to use aphrodisiac oils to promote sensuality, passion, and sexual arousal.
What Are The Top Aphrodisiac Essential Oils For Romance?
There are certain essential oils that ignite passion, love, and desire and put you in the right state of mind to experience love.
1. Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender oil is one of the most popular essential oils that is widely used for many different purposes. It has natural, calming, and soothing properties. It can help relieve muscle tension and stressed nerves (3). Lavender oil can also be used in your bedroom to calm and soothe your mind and body.
Lavender oil has a sweet floral scent that can easily lift your mood (4). It helps release anxiety and stress and thus relaxes you. Lavender oil also promotes inner peace and gives you a sense of security. It makes you feel loved and promotes affection. It enhances your mood and makes people enjoy each other's company.
2. Frankincense Essential Oil
Frankincense oil is another commonly used essential oil for varied reasons. Frankincense oil has a very mature scent that brings comfort and warmth to your relationship (5). It calms your senses and releases your daily stress and anxiety. It also helps in reducing restlessness.
Frankincense oil has a woodsy, deep, and rich scent. Both men and women usually like the frankincense oil scent, and it can promote intimacy and sex drive. Frankincense oil increases focus and concentration and help reduce fatigue, thus influencing the bond and intimacy between you and your partner.
3. Ylang Ylang Essential Oil
Ylang ylang essential oil is famous for arousing the senses and boosting your confidence. Ylang Ylang oil is derived from ylang-ylang flowers that have a very sweet floral aroma. Petals of the Ylang Ylang are usually used in the rooms and beds of newlyweds as it promotes excitement.
Ylang ylang essential oil reduces insecurities and boosts a sense of safety and security. It can reduce anxiety and boost libido and love between you two. You can gently massage using this essential oil or ylang-ylang to diffuse it, enjoy the aromatherapy, and set a sensual mood around your space.
4. Patchouli Essential Oil
Patchouli essential oil is one of the most significant oils that can be used to enhance the love between you two. It has an earthy and grounding scent that can influence your lovemaking experience. Its scent can make you feel aroused and is one of the best oils that can be diffused in your room to influence romance.
Patchouli oil is a grounding oil that develops a sense of connection between your partner and also strengthens the bond between you two, thus influencing intimacy in your relationship. Patchouli oil also helps in bringing a balance of emotions by reducing stress and anxiety and also helps lift your mood.
5. Jasmine Essential Oil
Jasmine oil is a famous essential oil when it comes to love and romance (6). Jasmine oil can boost your energy levels. It has a floral scent but is liked and helpful for both men and women. It gives a sense of security and positivity between you and your partner.
The benefit of jasmine oil is seen in the endocrine system as it boosts and energizes the system and makes you happy and joyful, uplifting your mood during your lovemaking sessions. Jasmine oil can also help in reducing depression and stress. It also helps in releasing toxins from the body.
6. Clove Essential Oil
Clove essential oil is a warming oil that increases blood circulation within the body. Clove oil has a scent that gives you a satisfying experience. One of the uses of clove oil is to improve sexual disorders among men.
It also improves sexual activity and enhances your sexual experience by helping you release stress and anxiety and making you calm and focused. Clove oil is known for improving sex drive within both men and women.
7. Bergamot Essential Oil
Bergamot oil is a citrus oil with a tangy and sweet aroma that both men and women like. Bergamot oil has a citrusy scent that is very refreshing and can instantly lift your mood. Bergamot oil is known to spread positivity and eliminate negativity; thus, diffusing this oil in your room will help influence a positive and energizing vibe around you.
Staying positive and energized boosts confidence and improves the trust and bond between the partners. Bergamot oil has a fresh scent that can stimulate your sex drive and make your lovemaking process more interesting and joyous.
8. Rose Essential Oil
The Rose flower usually signifies love. Rose oil, extracted from rose petals, can spark deep feelings within you and can help balance your emotions. It can give you a strong, passionate feeling toward your partner. Rose petals are usually scattered on the beds of newlyweds and are lie by both women and men. Using rose essential oil can ignite love and can also influence romance between you two.
Rose essential oil can help relax your mind and soothe your mind and body, increasing the comfort between you two. It is also known for increasing intimacy between partners. Rose oil can excite the partners by improving the blood flow within the body and sex organs.
9. Eucalyptus Essential Oil
Eucalyptus oil has a cool menthol scent that can instantly relax you and uplift your mood. It has a cooling effect that can help release stress and anxiety. Eucalyptus is one of the best essential oils to increase excitement and positivity within your love life and help you and your partner develop a strong sense of connection. You can take a few drops of essential oil and massage to instantly relax and enjoy the cooling effect of this oil and enhance your mood.
10. Clary Sage Essential Oil
Clary sage oil helps in reducing hormonal stress and thus improving your sexual experience. Clary sage oil has a strong scent that can lead to sexual arousal and help set the mood.
11. Sandalwood Essential Oil
Sandalwood oil can help improve your overall mood. It has a very natural, earthy, and woodsy scent that can help you feel connected with your partner. It influences the comfort between you two and increases the desire to be together.
How To Use Essential Oils To Set The Mood?
This is one of the most commonly used methods for applying essential oils. Essential oils are high in concentration and thus need to be diluted before applying topically. You can use a carrier oil to dilute with essential oil and then use it topically. Carrier oils include coconut oil, jojoba oil, apricot oil, avocado oil, etc.
Diluting essential oils with carrier oil reduces the chances of skin irritation, inflammation, redness, or any sort of allergic reaction. You can apply essential oils behind your ears, temples, pulse points, etc.
Essential oils can be used in your bath as well. You can add a few drops of essential oils to your bath before going to bed and enjoy its benefits.
Add a few drops in the bathtub and stir the water. You can completely immerse your whole body, or if you want, you can immerse your feet only. Bath in essential oils will help in boosting your mood and set the vibe.
Diffusing essential oil is another common way of using essential oils. You can use an essential oil diffuser for this purpose. It helps in spreading essential oil droplets all over the room. It fills your room with the aroma of essential oils. This is one of the best ways to set the mood using essential oils.
Diffusing is the best choice for people who do not want to apply essential oils to their skin. There are different types of diffusers. You can select any diffuser on the basis of your choice and preferences.
Massaging is also a common method of using essential oils. You can use essential oils as massage oils. You can dilute the essential oil with any carrier oil and massage your body. Take a few drops of essential oils on your hands and rub them between your palms before applying them to your skin.
DIY Diffuser Blend For Libido | DIY Aphrodisiac Essential Oils Blend
DIY Essential Oil Recipe
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil
- 2 drops of patchouli oil
- 2 drops of ylang-ylang oil
- 2 drops of rose essential oil
- In a diffuser, fill the water till the mark shown on the diffuser or as per the manufacturer's instructions.
- Add the essential oils in the diffuser through the nozzle given.
- Gently shake the diffuser to mix.
- Plug in the diffuser and enjoy the aromatherapy.
* Note: if you do not want to diffuse essential oils, then you can add this blend to a glass spray bottle and shake well to combine all the oils. This blend will create a sensual surrounding around you. Spray it around you, on your pillowcases, etc.
Side Effects And Precautions
- Essential oils are highly concentrated and thus can irritate your skin if applied directly. So, always remember to dilute your essential oil with a carrier oil before applying it to your skin.
- Always undertake a patch test before the topical application of essential oils.
- If you see any allergic reaction, immediately discontinue the use of essential oils and consult your doctor.
- Always remember less is more when it comes to essential oils.
- If you are breastfeeding or pregnant, avoid using essential oils.
- Avoid using essential oils on your genitals, eyes, ears, nose, and mouth.
- Always use pure essential oils.
Essential oils act as a love potion. The above post has identified and discussed essential oils that have aphrodisiac properties and can be used to ignite love between you and your partner. However, everyone has a different sense of smell, so you can use any of your favorite essential oils apart from the ones mentioned in the above list.
Which essential oil is the best aphrodisiac?
Lavender oil, frankincense oil, sandalwood oil, clove oil, geranium oil, cedarwood oil, clary sage oil, eucalyptus oil, patchouli oil, ylang ylang oil, bergamot oil, rose oil, and jasmine oil are some of the best aphrodisiac essential oils.
How do essential oils work as an aphrodisiac?
Essential oils have properties that help you relax, release tensions, reduce anxiety and depression. It makes you feel calm and refreshed. Some of the essential oils have a strong odour that can arouse sensuality, and instigate love and romance, boosts self-confidence, and improves your sexual performance.
How to use essential oils for aphrodisiacs?
You can use essential oils for aphrodisiacs in the form of topical application, bath, diffuser, and massaging.
- Mouhssen Lahlou. (2004). Essential oils and fragrance compounds: bioactivity and mechanisms of action. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ffj.1288.
- Aphrodisiac is a substance that stimulates the senses and increases excitement, passion, and romance within you. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=bEs6EAAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT4&dq=Aphrodisiac+is+a+substance+that+stimulates+the+senses+and+increases+excitement,+passion,+and+romance+within+you.&ots=uLGYKggOne&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- Peir Hossein Koulivand, Maryam Khaleghi Ghadiri, and Ali Gorji. (2013). Lavender and the Nervous System. https://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/681304/.
- H. M. A. Cavanagh, J. M. Wilkinson. (2002). Biological activities of Lavender essential oil. Biological activities of Lavender essential oil.
- Frankincense oil has a very mature scent that brings comfort and warmth to your relationship. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=UBBQDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT471&dq=Frankincense+oil+has+a+very+mature+scent+that+brings+comfort+and+warmth+to+your+relationship&ots=QSLtSjAFpi&sig=3AXByRtOjXbf15pL7G5acpI1u0Q&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false.
- Jasmine oil is a famous essential oil when it comes to love and romance. https://books.google.co.in/books?hl=en&lr=&id=jS2CDwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PT9&dq=Jasmine+oil+is+a+famous+essential+oil+when+it+comes+to+love+and+romance.+&ots=fhcq58CXl1&sig=q-oa1pQsGbH-meLwCkxhYzsJzPU&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q=Jasmine%20oil%20is%20a%20famous%20essential%20oil%20when%20it%20comes%20to%20love%20and%20romance.&f=false.
- Best Candles For Meditation And Its Benefits
- Xanthan Gum On Skin – Is It Good Or Bad?
- Peppermint Oil For Lips – Get Plump Lips with Peppermint Balm
- Complete Guide on Rosemary Water | Homemade Rosemary Water for Hair Growth, Long and Healthy Hair
- Essential Oils To Boost Your Immune System Support
- 13 Top Essential Oils for Snoring | Snore Stop Essential Oil Recipe
- Vitamin C Pack For Face – Benefits and Homemade Recipe
- Coconut Oil Vs Olive Oil For Hair | Difference Between Olive Oil And Coconut Oil For Hair