Do Bay leaf oil have medicinal properties?
Bay laurel leaf essential oil has the following medicinal properties – stomachic, sudorifc, analgesic, antispasmodic, antiseptic, emmenagogue, febrifuge, cholagogic and anti-neuralgic.
What does Laurel Leaf essential oil smell like?
Laurel leaf essential oil has a sweet and spicy aroma reminiscent of clove.
How to make bay leaf essential oil?
- Wash the laurel leaves properly.
- Immerse the leaves in a glass jar with your preferred carrier oil.
- Place the jar in a utensil with water. Make sure the water level is not above the lid.
- Heat the jar in simmer for 2 hours
- Cool the solution and strain with a cheesecloth
- Discard the green fluid at the bottom.
- Store in a cool dark place.
How do bay leaves help you lose weight?
Bay leaves have the ability to increase the metabolic rate of the body. This helps in faster digestion and better calorie breakdown. It is a complementary treatment to other weight loss programs.
How do you make perfume out of bay leaves?
- Cut the leaves into small pieces.
- Place it in a jar and fill the jar with neutral spirit or grain alcohol.
- Leave it for two weeks.
- After two weeks strain the alcohol and smell it. If it does not smell like laurel leaf, add a few more leaves and seal the lid.
- Allow it to stay a week.
- Open it and strain the bottle. Discard the leaves.
How to use bay leaf for hair growth?
Dilute bay leaf oil with any regular hair oil and apply it on the scalp, roots and the length of the hair. It should be applied twice a week.
Can you drink bay leaf oil?
At Gya Labs, we do not recommend the ingestion of essential oils.