How to know what type of acne you have?
Here’s a simple way to check the type of acne.
- Whiteheads are characterized by small whitish bumps.
- Blackheads are small tiny dark spots on the skin
- Acne papules are red swollen bumps on the skin.
- Pustules are papules filled with pus.
- Acne nodules are painful red bumps embedded deep in the skin.
- Cysts form deep in the skin, soft to the touch and filled with pus or other fluids.
What essential oils are good for acne?
Essential oils are useful in treating and preventing acne. Some of these oils are:
- Thyme essential oil.
- Rosemary essential oil.
- Cinnamon essential oil.
- Sandalwood essential oil.
- Lavender essential oil.
- Bergamot essential oil.
- Ylang ylang essential oil.
- Lemon essential oil.
- Tea Tree essential oil.
What essential oil is good for acne scars?
Following essential oils are good for acne scars:
- Tea Tree
How do you use tea tree oil for acne?
The easiest way of using tea tree for acne is by adding two drops of the oil to one tablespoon of the vegetable oil in your kitchen and applying it with clean fingers or cotton balls on the acne parts of the skin.
Is lavender good for acne?
Lavender oil is good for preventing acne. It is used as an ingredient in many skincare products not only for its aroma but also for its skin-health properties.
Is peppermint good for acne?
Peppermint oil has health related properties that can clean the skin. It is hence used to treat acne and for general skincare.
Is oregano oil good for acne?
Research has shown that the nanoemulsions in oregano were good in treating acne. In fact it was better than some cosmetics.
Is frankincense good for acne?
Frankincense essential oil has good skincare properties that prove useful in fighting against acne.
Is jojoba oil good for acne scars?
Research has proven that jojoba oil has compounds that bind skin cells together. Hence it can be used to treat acne and the scars left behind.